integer on Mon, 2 Apr 2001 03:50:09 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: NATO

\/\ NATO.0+55 - ultra elegant, massively superb and contrapuntal korporate warfare

The NATO.0+55/DEAF2000 festival literature reads:
"NATO.0+55 is a new software that is set to revolutionize
the realtime manipulation of video and sound." (DEAF 2000)

Arie van Schutterhoef, artistic director Schreck Ensemble writes:
"Think that Nato Modular is the most interesting software for Max,
since Max... consider the contradiction... and offers possibilities
for live manipulation of images, that can only be rivaled in the
audio domain by SuperCollider."

NATO.0+55.Modular is an advanced, immensely flexible,
realtime and non-realtime component driven visual authoring environment
for the creative construction of audio-visual networks in Ircam Max.
It is a non-linear, vastly expressive and syntactic, modular infrastructure
for live video and graphics?specifically 2D and 3D graphics, VR (Virtual Reality),
DV (Digital Video), Live-Video, Firewire, Quicktime, Flash, MP3, OpenGL
and realtime Internet Streaming. (consult Fig. 1)

Max (Puckette 1991) is a non-linear visual programming language authored
by Miller Puckette at Ircam.  Max was commercialized in 1990 by Opcode.
Since 1998 Max has been licensed, distributed and maintained by Cycling74.
Although commercialized, Max remained principally the arena of academics
and experimental computer musicians.  Since its debut Max has afforded
computer musicians a flexible environment for MIDI processing.
In 1998 Cycling74 released MSP a digital audio processing environment
based on Pure Data (Puckette 1996).  Although presenting new creative
possibilities for the Max user base, MSP did not drastically impact on
Max demographics.

With the release of NATO.0+55+3d.Modular in 2000, Max was instantly transformed
into a multimedia authoring environment rivaling Macromedia's Director and Flash environments.
Jeremy Bernstein of Cycling74 observes, "The greatest significance of NATO.0+55 is that
it has transformed Max from a piece of wonderful toolkit software, into a viable
authoring environment, virtually overnight.  Before NATO.0+55, Max was useful.
After NATO.0+55, Max is indispensable." (Bernstein 2000)

Apart from providing current Max users a vast and expressive multimedia palette,
NATO.0+55 has altered the Max demographics by introducing new media artists,
Internet artists, video and VR/3D artists to Max.  In contrast to the largely
(aged) male audience that Max has traditionally attracted, a significant number
of NATO.0+55 operators are women and the very young.

NATO.0+55 is the first software environment produced in Balkan / Eastern Europe
to impact on Western markets. It is being utilized by hundreds of universities and institutes,
(primarily in the United States) in favor of local software such as Macromedia Director
and Flash, Adobe After Effects, Intel financed GEM and Steim Image/ine.

Most importantly NATO.0+55 is the first software environment authored by a (single) individual,
a woman age 23, to capture an extravagant market section from Western corporations.
NATO.0+55 has demonstrated that an individual, geographically located anywhere on our planet,
can significantly impact on global markets, compete with and outperform corporations,
irrespective of their size.

NATO.0+55 is the first software authored by an individual to have been selected
for distribution by the prestigious Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique,
Paris, France.

Owing to the success of NATO.0+55, the author has been
selected as one of the top 25 women leaders of the millennium.
Leaders of the Millennium recognizes the achievements of women
who have made significant contributions to the advancement of technology
and to the advancement of women in technology related fields.

where you shop says a lot about you
\ \ nato.0+55 - korporat free. zlave labor free. ekolog!kl! fr!endl!++
    http://www.eusocial.com  \  http://www.freedemo.org

-

Netochka Nezvanova     - ! juzt forget 2 eat.
^Pf^P^P^P3.MASCHIN3NKUNST
@www.eusocial.com
17.hzV.tRL.478

                                                     |  +----------
                                                    |  |     <
                                   \\----------------+  |  n2t^P
                                                       |       >

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
            \/       __
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

 Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova@eusocial.com
 Stichting STEIM                    http://www.eusocial.com
 Achtergracht 19                  http://www.biohakc.com
 1017 WL Amsterdam              http://www.ggttctttat.com/!