Kulma Tripple Zero on Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:19:05 +0200

Syndicate: Intellectual responsability.

> have an aggressive, destructive, fanatic paramilitary army. You
> Albanian intellectuals "contemplate" about reasons of that wild horde
> of killers, smuglers and mafioso instead of going to stop them. They
> are killing, do you understand, they are not democratic, they must be
> stopped. They are doing the same now in Serbia, after getting Kosovo,
> they go further, and although now they do not have Milosevic in rule,
> they bomb our cities with mortars. There is no "contemplation" about
> them. Edi go and stop them or shut up.

Please, try not to be so aggressive. I realise the problem is serious,
but panic and hostility will not help us, I'm afraid. The more complex
the times get, the more important it is to use your energy wisely.

particulars, for I am not informed in the matter, but generally
speaking, why to you presume sharing a physical location with a group
of violent people makes it possible for an intellectual to stop them.
Do you have any suggestions as far as how this might be achieved?

It would, indeed, be a nice thing if you would show it to be possible.

I am a bit concerned over how easily everyone assumes just because an
artist or an intellectual lives in an area that she or he can influence
the political or economical situation, or even has to understand it. In
theaory, yes, I see the logic behind that. But in practice, the world
gets pretty complex and unpleasant, and regardless all best intentions
it becomes difficult for an artist to react. And sometimes it is
impossible to act very directly.

IMH<temp>O.
Sigh.
Or maybe I am just utterly wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Art is not the same as politics. The link is strong, but there are
differences.