integer on Wed, 2 May 2001 13:47:49 +0200 (CEST)

Re: Syndicate: A Virtual Memorial Newsletter 05-2001

"Agricola de Cologne" <agricola-w@netcologne.de>

>About Subject
>The subject of the month May 2001 is entitled:
>"Fight! - the individual is nothing".
>
>Starting from the workers movement and the resulting "Labour Day" on 1 May
>each year, the subject would like to point to the negative developments of
>the mass society, to  anonymization and deindividualization and their global
>influence on society, economy and culture, but also to some positive aspects
>as: ideas and reality of communties of solidarity.
>
>The individual looses every relevance while viewing catastrophes, war and
>globalization. There is only one chance left to take influence: in the
>framework of a group or community.

konsider sexual reproduktion.

the following i konsider the views of family men.
it is time to unpack my library hence ___... fareuel.

> [...]
>
>The expression of economical and political power and concentration, but also
>of mass society - the space for spreading expanse becomes smaller and
>smaller - represent  "Skyscrapers". Being master pieces of technology and
>architecture on one hand, they represent on the other hand simultaneously a
>synonym for anonymity, control and centralisation - comparable to a
>bee-hive.
>
>The development and settlement of "Slums" represents in certain concerns a
>kind of counter pole: the chances for surviving become bad and worse in the
>rural - underdeveloped regions of the world. The individual seeks his
>salvation  in the metropoles, hoping to be able to participate somehow in
>the welfare and labour processes. Resulting: land flight and concentration
>of population on only a few places- in the anonymity of hopelessness they
>live an illegal  life without any human dignity: excluded from society and
>without any persectives of changement.
>
>In the big ideologies of mankind, the individual has to play his role in the
>sense of functioning for the ideology. Often enough the development of
>totalitarism is resulting. The dream of Communist society of solidarity has
>failed. The fundamentalist streams as it can be found in Islamic countries
>use all kinds of matter to achieve its aims. The global terrorism of Islamic
>suicidal assasins represents one of the most insisting examples, how little
>the single human being means: this is good for the assassins as well as for
>the victims.
>
>Another example of a victim of mass development and exploition may represent
>the "Amazon rainforest" and the native peoples living  there; the "Amazon
>Indians": the variety of plants, animals and human beings. Here manifests
>itself also the conflict between  rich and poor countries, between
>industrial nations and so-called "Third World" underdeveloped countries.
>Two anonymous masses and their opposite kinds of interestes come into
>conflict. The one equipped by economical and political power in order to
>eliminate one-owns basis of living through greed for profit. On the other
>hand, the individual who has no chance to defend themselves against it.
>Worldwide actions of as many as possible participants may reach a large
>publicity and therefore also the chance for taking influence.
>
>Animals have successful survival strategies very often by acting in
>groups or  packs. The "Wolves" may represent a good example, in which way
>the individual member subordinates itself in favour of the group interests.
>Simultaneously represent the wolves a species which is threatened with
>extinct through human beings.
>
>The general anonymization and deindividualization of the the Western
>civilizations hide long-term dangers: the proletarization and
>fundamentalization of the majority of population.
>
>Watchfulness, solidarity, communication and exchange may reduce such

                                          pre.konssept!?
                                                meeTz ver!f1kat!?.

-

Netochka Nezvanova