Syndicate admin on Thu, 03 May 2001 16:59:30 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: ___ R E A L T O K Y O vol.25 ___

Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 00:48:05 +0900
To: ozaki@realtokyo.co.jp
From: Tetsuya OZAKI <ozaki@realtokyo.co.jp>
Subject: ___ R E A L T O K Y O   vol.25 ___

Dear friends

I have just updated RT.  My column this week is about the renewal of ICC
(InterCommunication Center).  I would appreciate it if you could let me
know how you feel.

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O
_____03_05_2001_Thu_vol.25___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
     Studio Azzurro: Tamburi
     Eyeing the Origins of Communication at ICC's Renewal Opening
     recommended by Igarashi Taro

(2) Out of Tokyo 010:
     The Renewal of ICC
     text by Ozaki Tetsuya

(3) Present of the Week:
     Invitation to 'REALTOKYO presents speedometer. live lounge'
     and more!!

This week RT Recommends:
art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 46 events
including 13 new ones!  Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

     Studio Azzurro: Tamburi
     Eyeing the Origins of Communication at ICC's Renewal Opening
     recommended by Igarashi Taro

The Italian visual arts unit Studio Azzurro is currently exhibiting
their latest work 'Tamburi' at ICC Tokyo. Five big drums are placed
in a darkened room. When visitors touch four of these drums, the
pictures of human hands are projected onto the surfaces. When I
beat a drum, I recognize how this produces sounds and moves the
hands. They sometimes open and carry flowers or shells, sometimes
grab something and disappear. They leave a light then, which is
transferred to the fifth drum, where it melts down with the picture
of the spinning earth that is projected onto it....

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0029-igarashi.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo 010:

The Renewal of ICC
text by Ozaki Tetsuya

On April 19th the InterCommunication Center (ICC) in Hatsudai
finally awoke from its 6-month hibernation. The exhibition space
was narrowed down to only half of what it used to be, the regularly
exhibited works were reduced to just three pieces, and the body of
curators slimmed down to three. Although for many this new concept
was a doubtful move, the renewal opening exhibition by Studio
Azzurro turned out to be not too bad (unfortunately I haven't had
the chance to experience Maebayashi Akitsugu's work yet. For more
on Azzurro please see this week's "Tokyo, 4 Weeks" section)....

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki10.htm

(3) Present of the Week

We've prepared lots of presents!  Send in your name!
Be aware that each present has a different closing date.
Instead of announcing the winners we just send them their prize.
(* is New!)

*Invitation to 'Jan Svankmajer Touch & Imagination'
*Invitation to 'Korei'
*Invitation to 'Exploring Photogtaphy 2'
   Invitation to 'REALTOKYO presents speedometer. live lounge'
   Invitation to 'Global Visions-Art after 1980'
   Invitation to 'The Delivery '
   REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)

To apply and for further information, please contact:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Please send your ideas and opinions to info@realtokyo.co.jp.
Three users who send us mail will be chosen to receive a little gift

Tetsuya OZAKI

Editor in Chief / REALTOKYO
ozaki@realtokyo.co.jp
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/