Misko on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:16:38 +0200

Re: Syndicate: Aracinovo: "results of ceasefire"

>The Macedonian public was astonished as KFOR, NATO, EU and the
>other international, and humanitarian organizations were fully engaged in
>rescuing such a big group of terrorists (700 - 800),

	they are all terrorists...in day-time arm and drug trafficants,
	in night-time rebells, or vice vers.

If this is meant to be ironic I don't have the time to answer to it.
This is just what happened. It is not fiction.

>But alas, the villagers from the neighboring villages put barricades on
>the road not allowing anyone to pass.

	probably they feared the same attacks as it is reported from the
	official authorities (police and army). or they feared, the
	rebells would stay in their village. what was the exact reason?

In fact they are pissed off with the situation.

>The rioters (many of them in the police reserve) were also shooting
>in the air in front of the Parliament.

	is this the nationalistic militia?

This is not a nationalistic militia. The police in reserve is also
pissed off sitting in the ditches for 4 months, seeing their commrades
getting killed or hurt, seeing their country torn apart, and not able to
do anything about it because of governmental servility !

>One other thing is also certain. The rating of the EU, NATO and the
>international community is falling rapidly in Macedonia.

	i don't think macedonia should be dependent on the west. but
	whom am i to say what macedonia should do. on this list it would
	more interesting to discuss why some policemen in reserve are
	going to demonstrate in front of a government building. and what
	does it mean for the near future?

Policemen are also people. They share the same situation but in an even
harsher ambience. I would not stress this point. It just means that they
are revolting as everyone else.

Melentie