Bruce Sterling on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:12:25 -0500

Syndicate: Information Wants to Be Free

My latest novel ZEITGEIST has just been published in paperback.
I am now in possession of a large box of them.

ZEITGEIST is the only science fiction novel in the history of the Universe
which *mentions the Syndicate List.*   This name-dropping takes place on
page 92, by a dubious minor character who is, apparently, *on* the Syndicate
List. She then has sex with the lead character, but that's, like, her own
problem.

Here's the pitch.  If you are on Syndicate List, and you are not within
the customary WTO  amazon.com megachainstore Anglophone commercial sci-fi
distribution channels, then I will mail you a copy of this novel, if you
want it.  Just send me email with your snailmail address, in whatever weird
Deep European corner of the planet you may be.  One to a customer,
quantities are limited, and no, I am not kidding.

Once again I dedicate this gesture of artistic potlatch to Prof. Timur
Novikov of the St Petersburg Neo-Akademists.

Bruce Sterling bruces@well.com
http://www.well.com/conf/mirrorshades/