Armin Medosch on Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:08:50 +0200

Syndicate: Telepolis presents "Shopping Windows II"

Telepolis presents
Shopping Windows Part II

The second part of the Internet art exhibition "Shopping Windows" has
been launched.

http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html
http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html
http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html

The ongoing exhibition with the full title "Shopping Windows - net art
after the age of e-commerce"  shows new works commissioned by
Telepolis:

"i.d.k.a.t." by lia
"Untitled-Game version of 'My boyfriend came back from the war'" by
JODI
"Expand, an interface" by Shu Lea Cheang

http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html
http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html
http://www.telepolis.de/tp/english/kunst/nk/shopping/default.html

Lia's work  "i.d.k.a.t." is the latest in a series of works that "attempt to
articulate mathematical and natural principles below a visual surface in an
enjoyable and sometimes playful way ... the user can also be seen as an
additional random-factor in the code which can help to create a more or
less "organic" result."

With 'Untitled-Game version of "My boyfriend came back from the war"'
Jodi ask us to enter the game zone for a remix of Olia Lialinas net art
classic http://myboyfriendcamebackfromth.ewar.ru/ The game is based
on the free game engine Wolfenstein.

Shu Lea Cheang's "Expand, an interface ... plays on digital frames vs.
cinema frames ... The hyperlink hypernarrative is deemed obsolete as
rational yields to E-motional in post-click netivity." In this version,
image sequences are taken from Shu Lea Cheang's scifi digimovie
"I.K.U."

Together with the artistic contributions of Part I, <Content=No Cache>
by Giselle Beiguelman, "BallPool" by Matthew Fuller/Scotoma.org  and
"Waste_Words Their Weight & Frequency in London's Municipial
Rubbish" by Harwood/Scotoma.org, Shopping Windows is no complete.
See the entire show at:

curated by/questions/feedback to armin@easynet.co.uk

http://www.telepolis.de