Syndicate admin on Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:41:07 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: [borderhack] August 24-26 Tijuana Borderhack Festival

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:18:41 -0700
To: interview@calarts.edu, akshun@calarts.edu, outofline@calarts.edu,
        Syndicate <syndicate@eg-r.isp-eg.de>
From: SIUHIN@aol.com (by way of Natalie Bookchin)
Subject: [borderhack] August 24-26 Tijuana Borderhack Festival,
 Registration Information

**August 24-26 Tijuana Borderhack Festival, Registration Information**

Borderhack is a 3-days youth activist camp/festival, will be held August
24-26, at the Tijuana side of the US-Mexico border--In front of the actual
border fence that divides the people of two countries. The camp will offer
net art, photograph exhibits, border cinema, ISDN connections, activists
conferences and workshops, global hacktivist and net-media art community from
both side of the US-Mexico border.

We see this is an opportunity to overcome the border to build a bridge
between US and Mexico activists for social, cultural, cyber and activism
exchanges. We say:

- No to the militarization of the border, no to the US operation Gate keeper!
- Support the Mexico Maquiladora's worker and farmer struggles
- No to the NAFTA, FTAA and multinational corporations
- Yes to the bi-national youth, labor, farmer and activist solidarity!

Confirmed speakers, artists and musicians include: Starhawk(US), Arreola
(Mexico), Beehive Collective(US), Tijuana No(Mexico), elbop(US), Rubin
Vasques(Mexico) and more..

This year's Borderhack2.0 will be much bigger, we are forecasting several
hundred people from Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Bay area are
planning to come, please pre-register ASAP so we will know how many people
are planning to come.

It will be great if you can be volunteers for the events, please fill out the
enclosed application form.

We are also looking for more artists, speakers and musicians for the teach-in
and art performance. If you have some good topic for the teach-in, or art
projects, please let us know.

For more information, please check Border2.0 Website:
www.de-lete.tv/borderhack

To join Borderhack listserv, please send e-mail to:
borderhack-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

==Information Meetings==
- Bay Area orientation meeting:
Wednesday, August 1st, 7 PM Global Exchange, 2017 Mission St., Suite 303, San
Francisco (near 16th Street BART station at Mission District)

Bus information from Bay area: there'll be a Borderhack bus to go to San
Diego, $40/return, for ticket please e-mail: Fliegelroman@yahoo.com or call:
(415)305-4017

- Los Angeles area orientation meeting:
Tuesday, August 7th, 7 PM ActionLA, 4167 S. Normandie Ave., Los Angeles
(south of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.), for information call: (323)291-2475

**All Events are Free! We only ask donations to cover the logistics and food.
Please bring your own sleeping bag, tent, water and cooking/eating utensils**

==Registration Form==
3 Ways to Register
1) By e-mail:
Borderactions@aol.com [US], cybercholito@hotmail.com [Mexico]
2) By Phone:
(877)258-1254 (toll-free)
3) By Mail:
To: ActionLA, c/o Borderhack Festival
4167 S. Normandie Ave.,
Los Angeles, CA 90037

All Events are Free! Please send us some donations so we can start to prepare
the logistics and food for the event.

1. Your Information

Name: _______________________________________________

Group/Organization:____________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________

Phone: _______________________________________________

Fax: _________________________________________________

e-mail: _______________________________________________

How many people will come with you? _____________________

Are you planning to drive to Tijuana? _______________________

Contact person/phone incase of emergency:

2. Volunteer Work
Will you help us one of the following task(s)?

Logistics (what you can do?): ___________________________

Driver (must have your own car): ________________________

Kitchen crew: ________________________________________

Translator (what language can you speak?): ________________

Computer/Internet technician: ___________________________

Medical/Day care:_____________________________________

Receptionist: _________________________________________

When you can arrive to help? ____________________________

3. Workshop, Meeting, Art Project
We welcome people offer their creativity and knowledge

Workshop/Caucus topic:________________________________

Art project: __________________________________________

Can you be a facilitator? ________________________________

When can you offer: ___________________________________

4. Donations
Please send check to ActionLA/SEE; address: ActionLA, c/o Borderhack Festival
4167 S. Normandie Ave., Los Angeles,
CA 90037, all donations are tax deductible.

This is Camping only, please bring your ID when cross the border, purchase
auto insurance when you drive your car to Mexico. No Alcohol, No Drugs, No
Weapons, Respect Local Culture and Nonviolence.

[You also can download the attached MS-WORD file]

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/PbIolB/TM