Yukihiko Yoshida on Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:47:27 +0900

Syndicate: Dance Review

  T i m e Z o n e/ GMT+9:00  ---New Tokyo Dance Syle--
  Dance and BodyCulture,Dance Diary from TOKYO
  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/
  (The URL for my review is in the following.
   http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/timezone.html  )

  Written By Yukihiko YOSHIDA

     yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp
     moderator of Dance Maling List/Japan
     http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/danceml.html
    (The page is written in Japanese)

Mika Kurosawa Solo Dance "The Rose Man"2001 Production
August9th-12th ,at Terpsichore,Nakano, Tokyo.

Tokyo,
With the sound like modem and virtual data communication, her real
half-naked body moved around the stage.
The body was lighted up in several ways.

Mika Kurosawa,konwn as a comtemporary dancer, danced with half-naked-fashion.
Her stage reminds me of the stages of Duncan and Graham.
In spite of erotic performance, the impression was fresh and neat.
At the beginning of 20th century,"naked body" appeared in art movements in
the past,for example, german expressionism,Bauhaus, Dada,etc.
In Tokyo, postmodern style and one of biggest cities in Asia, now is the
age of decadance. At the beginning of new century, there are still some hope.
By the fall of Japanese economy and politics, Tokyo is in the state of chaos.
Her body and dance can show erotic chaos with ray of light.
Today's stage symolized "Tokyo" these days.

Yukihiko YOSHIDA

(C)All right reserved by Yukihiko YOSHIDA
   Questions and Comments should be e-mail to yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp

Petition:Martha Graham is still in danger/
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/graham.html
3 Elements of the world:   Joy / Fun / Love
--Yuk;-)iko YOSHIDA
Yukihiko YOSHIDA
Artist/Systems Humanist/Generalist
<.org>
Keio University,Graduate School for Media and Governance
Japanese Society for Dance Research
World Dance Alliance

Project Xanadu : working as an assistant

<Personal Projects:>
The moderator of Dance Mailing List:
       <http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/danceml.html>
Xanalogical Artists Society -- We Fight on ! --
       <http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/XaS/>
e-mail address : yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp
                 yukihiko@xanadu.net
webpage: http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/
closest fax number: <:none>
current BGM:<Can't take my eyes off you/BoysTownGang>
Travel Path:<none>
currnet physical location:<tokio,kanagawa,fujisawa>
current physical status: < fine >
GPS Coordinates:<.>
Citizen of World
a young master like Jedi