Eric Kluitenberg on Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:20:29 +0200

Re: Syndicate: signing off

dear syndicalists,

It has been a great time on this list untill the ascii crap started - since
then I do not feel at home anymore on this list, it has completely lost its
original identity - a real pitty. This does account very much for the fact
that I have not felt the urge to post anything substantial here, and why I
have focused on other fora instead
- obviously... why bother??

I hope those responsible will be very proud of themselves that they have
killed off the most productive and interesting forum for media art and
media culture in central and eastern europe. The people who still have a
real interest in those issues will now simply start a new initiative - it
is high time for that.

Good luck with syndicate, I will leave it to you, and *nsubscribe now.

What a waste!

At 13:18 +0200 16-08-2001, integer@www.god-emil.dk wrote:
>Andreas Broeckmann. Geert Lovink + etc admins
>clandestinely  mismanaging public funds

FYI - there never were, nor never will be, any funds (public or private)
for syndicate, nettime., xchange or any of the other valuable on-line fora.
The people running these lists simply put in free time and their own
resources - one more such totally disrespectful outcry - I really recommend
to re-examine your own prejudices.

Have a good life!

eric