anna balint on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:18:26 +0200

Syndicate: RE: mail filter, RE: administration)

Dear Amy Alexander,

sorry for the mistake.
thank you very much for the filtering information,
hopefully people can manage to filter out all the mail from the syndicate
list they don't wish to get.
If there are still questions concerning filtering please address them on the
list.

Dear Claudia,

>actually I wanted to suggest, if it is possible, to install the list that
>way, that some of the boring jobs for the list can be done by more than
>two.. ...maybe switching weekly.  Well, I still think, that there is a lot
to communicate and that...
>it has some value, that there are people with different backgrounds on the
>list.

Many thanks for your suggestions. I think the idea of switching
administration is of great use.
I have to think about nothing but that the owners left down the list in the
middle of my holidays... so maybe you could participate from the start? I
would still encourage others as well to assume administration tasks.

It is hard to predict how nn will take your irony. All I know is that I like
it.
The idea for the moment is that the people filter themselves their incoming
mail,
until I find a new server, and we decide whether we really need to start a
syndicate raw and syndicate digest version. We try the 'filter yourself'
method, maybe it is enough convenient for the people having problems with
the all-in-one mailing list. But if there are still many complaints...

Dear Janos Sugar,
>>I was a co-organizer of the Metaforum conference series about media
culture
>>in Budapest, 1994-1996.

>it? a lie
there is not much left after the metaforum conferences, but luckily despite
short memory
there are some documents, like the program leaflet which mention me as an
organizer of the conferences. Archive it yourself! - is also a good slogan
for organizers in new media culture. All considerable of what is left is the
zkp 3 publication issued at the metaforum conference. I hold its manuscripts
still waiting for Pit Schulz's text...
If anybody interested whether i organized or not the metaforum conferences,
on request I photocopy the documents and send it by snail mail. Anyone can
consult all the material at the Artpool Archives as well in Budapest.

greetings,
Anna Balint