Claudia Westermann on Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:27:32 +0200

Re: Syndicate: words

At 16:48 26.08.01 +0200, fmadre wrote:

>moderation means that you receive the mails before they go to the list and
>decide what gets to be published or not.
>f.

so we divide between administration and moderation.

and there were some agreements whenever something like moderation should
become an issue (this means that there should be really striking arguments
that filtering the list is not enough because it would mean exclusion of
some people who do not have access to some technology needed to use
filters), there should be a raw and a digest version people can s*bscribe to.

but in this case there will be no administer taking the role of the moderator !
If there will be a digest version of the list, then it will be moderated by
the s*bscribers themselves (there are several mailings on this subject on
the list). This is a statement !!!!
( in case there are complains about that: I guess somehow I would
appreciate it. Could be fun to do something else also ;-)  )

Administration means for example that it is decided wether non-subscriber
mail, sent to the list, is of any interest to the s*bscribers. Any
non-s*bscriber not happy with rejections can s*bscribe to the list and see
if he/she gets spammed with complains of s*bscribers.

forgot something?

greetings
Claudia