Andreas Broeckmann on Wed, 15 May 1996 12:00:29 +0100

Victims of Geography

Alan Robertson of Pictorial Heroes, Glasgow, announce TV project that
will take them all across Europe:

VICTIMS OF GEOGRAPHY

'Victims of Geography' will be a visionary, camcorder drift or 'derive'
through Europe and some of its darkest, lightest and most bizarre places,
in the company of the tuned in, the turned on, the pissed on and the pissed
off. It will be an impressionistic, alternative, camcorder portrait of
Europe, people and places, viewed not only from the street, but probably
from the gutter as well.

We intend to set out on a journey between Sarajevo and Cape Wrath at the
north-western tip of Scotland, with the objective of mapping out an
unpredictable, bizarre, volatile, passionate and visually rich territory.
It will be a film inhabited by lost, wired, weird, beautiful, passionate
and damned characters. The kind of people you meet and the kind of places
you end up in when there's no where left to go.

'Victims of Geography' will be like an anthem for the Wired and the
Camcorder generation. About personalized alternative geographies and the
visions people have of their culture, towns, cities and lifestyles. In
search of a sense of a multitude of voices speaking simultaneously. The
objective of these encounters is to create impressionistic portraits of
people with passion and something to say rather than make simple reportage.

In short, we are looking for passionate people with charisma, swiss army
knives, anger or charm who aren't afraid to speak out and be happy, mad,
sad, bad, indifferent and transgressive on camera.

Sometimes things might happen. Sometimes nothing might happen. Perhaps
sometimes it will be nothing that needs to happen to make a point.

We will start shooting between July and September 1996. If you want to know
more about us, the project, where we going, how we're getting there and how
we're getting on, then contact us via:

E-mail: heroes@cqm.co.uk

Web Site: http://users.colloquium.co.uk/~heroes/pheroes.htm (there will be
a link to an on-going Web Diary to be set up soon)

Phone/Fax: (44) 141-550 0875

Post: Pictorial Heroes, PO Box 16552, Glasgow G31 2SS, Scotland, UK

V2_Organisatie * Andreas Broeckmann * abroeck@v2.nl
Eendrachtsstr.10 * NL-3012XL Rotterdam * t.+31.10.4046427 * fx.4128562
<http://www.v2.nl> <http://www.dds.nl/n5m> <http://www.v2.nl/east>