Aleksandar & Branka Davic on Mon, 1 Sep 1997 10:01:11 +0100

Syndicate: letter from home

dear -a,

finaly, here is a letter i promissed to write. i hope you will
understand from it, why it needed time to be written. it is very
personaly, i opened myself to others, like in a good
workshop (what deep europe was for sure). and i sincerely hope you and
others will understand, read and comment. in the letter yu will find no
names. all deep europe names are equal, and i can`t write them down just
to be written. this part of letter you may proceed to other deep
europeans, but please not to syndicate. it is my letter just to YOU ALL,
my deep europeans, including thorsten, even if he was not officialy deep
european, but i feel for me he is, definitely. -a, please post this
letter to others, stay our messanger.

branka

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

letter from home

writting a letter home makes me difficulty. what is home? is it a real
space, some flat, country, society?  i do not know. i can`t decide.
maybe because of my idea what "home" should mean. it should be safe
place. but there where i live, i do not feel safe. not because someone
will fisicly attack my appartment, but because of "unsafenes" in the
society of my homeland. people will ask: do you then want to escape? and
my answer will be - yes. i want to escape. but where? with a passport i
have, i do not belong anywhere. too many limmits on getting visa,
getting working permision... so where can i escape? is it a trap?
i can`t decide.

but if home is private, mental space, where one individual feel safe and
free, then i can write this letter. but then this letter will have just
one lenguage. no translation.i can`t translate it to polish, albanian,
dutch, german, russian, bulgarian, hungarian, romanian, latvian,
slovenian.... and even english i do not speak properly. and i do not
care. i can explain what i feel and that is enough. and if i translate
it just to serbian that`s just one of so many lenguages. i do not speak
all those lenguages, but i can hear the sound, the melody. albanian
military song is same as any military song anywhere. it says the same.

because of all that, this letter can`t be letter home, but letter from
home. then i can write from my private, mental space. i do not need to
escape. i feel free to say what i want, without pressure. because my
mental space assume some other people as well. their ideas and their
energy is also partly mine. we shared it. once, in deep europe.

what is a deep europe? is it real?is it safe? my answer is - yes. deep
europe is real. it egsists. i do not need visa to be there, i do not
need invitation letter to be there, i simply can just sit and think and
i am there - in the land without borders, policemans, elections,
president, goverment.... wher no radio or TV station will be
bandoned...whose citizens are speaking different lenguages without
shame... and lot more.

deep europe is my homeland, my private mental space, which i share with
other`s. deep europe recognize words like exchainging, sharing, growing.
and that`s why i believe deep europe egsists. because i went there, and
i can go there wherever i wish. to exchange, share, grow and understand.

branka