Open Studio - WRO festival on Mon, 8 Sep 1997 10:09:15 +0200 (DFT)

Syndicate: WRO after flood

 Dear Friends,

 After almost two months from the first wave of the big flood our e-mail is
 finally working again. Our server was evacuated and as a result some
 messages have not been delivered till now. We hope that they have been
 stored and we will get to them sometime soon.

 In any case, we would like to apologize for all delays due to these
 circumstances. We hope, our e-mail will be working without any problems
 from now on and we will do our best to respond to all messages as soon as
 possible.
 Also, if there are some really urgent problems and you cannot get through
 to us via e-mail. please try to contact us via our phone/fax number (071)
 342 26 91. The other telephone line is still out of order.

 We would like to thank you all for all your interest, words of sympathy,
 offers of help and queries on our needs. We are very grateful and
 appreciative.

 Though the Open Studio itself did not suffer any serious damages due to the
 flood, many of the important cultural institutions and the city as a whole
 did. Some of the WRO 97 presentation sites have been also damaged by the
 flood. (The biggest one involved the Swiebodzki Theater). The part of town
 where Open Studio is located was under water but somehow we got lucky and
 our building did not suffer any serious damages.

 The flood itself is over and Wroclaw is trying to function normally again,
 but there are services like the tram tracks, some major roads and streets,
 some telephone lines which still are out of order. Most of available means
 will be put into restitution and restoring services and institutions that
 suffered the most. Unfortunately we expect, therefore, that the flood may
 affect our regular activities for quite awhile.

 Once again, thank you all very much for your consideration and understanding.
 Best regards,

 Violetta utlubasis-Krajewska
 Piotr Krajewski

and Open Studio team.