Vuk Cosic on Wed, 12 Nov 1997 01:14:23 CET

Syndicate: the cosic test

** Introduction **

In Dessau there was a Syndicate meeting, tenth or so since N5M, and
there was talk of practical things...

Actually there were two meetings, and near the end of the first Tapio
mentioned a classical ambition - how about a Syndicate web.site (that
would give useful info and pointers to further sources regarding
euro funding, various art and media houses/meetings/conferences, plus
a possible text zone to satisfy the need for theory and debate..., I
presume)?

Well, in homage to the immortal Turing test aimed at recognizing
a specific kind of intelligence, I have decided to engage in a
similar 'Cosic test' of activism. Here follows a short description
of the test:

**Cosic Test**
The Cosic Test is aimed at deeper understanding of group motivation,
and is structured in a way to enable a singular researcher to perform
it alone, although assistance can ensure more accurate and fast
measuring.
This methodologicaly complex episthemological strategy
consists in two main parts: a) I talk, and b) I wait.

a)
In the 'I talk' part the task of the researcher is to offer a
profiled colaborative project to a group of declared activists, with
the invitation to meet out of the conference hall after the given
meeting and talk of direct action. It is important that the offered
project contains maximum of usefulness to the goals declared at the
meeting.

b)
In the 'I wait' part, the researcher has to go out after the meeting
and stand there for about fifteen minutes until every meeting
participant has left not only the conference hall but also the lobby.

**Dessau Results**
One person approached me in the hall and about seventy passed by.
After analysing the profile of the enlisted collaborator, it became
clear that this person is the K.I.E.Z. technician and is not
subscribed to the list. Therefore he was not ackgnowledged as
relevant to the analysis.

**Bingo**