director@kaapeli.fi (Tapio MŠkelŠ ) on Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:27:21 +0200

Syndicate: Pavlov

Dear Syndicalists & Vuk,'

In a sense, Pavlolv«s dog test is also relevant to practical things like
funding. When there is money available, people leap towards it with high
propability.

But yes, I still think that an on-line + printed "survival kit for media
projects" would be useful, especially for those who are not so experienced.
The V2_East website archive actually has quite a good page, but it is links
to the  existing funding sites. The "inside view" to the funding issues,
what really works and what doesn«t should be made available. But... maybe
we could help Andreas by writing some texts that could be addedd to the
V2_site, and perhaps, a booklet could be made of them + strategies?

I have done some teaching in art and media schools on media & art
production, and really, those who graduate are pretty much without a clue
where they could go next, besides the companies.

I think that it is good to exchange views on funding, but syndicate
meetings when there are lots of new people around, could concentrate on
some other issues more... The Soros future, though, is a very important
topic.

Vuk, let«s start compiling stuff.

yours truly,

Laika Pavlov (failed Turing test also)