Andreas Broeckmann on Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:02:24 +0100

Syndicate: ISEA 98

ISEA 98

02-07 September 1998

...isea [The International Symposium on Electronic Art]...

...Staged in a different world city each year...

...isea98 is a partnership...

...isea98 is for artists, scientists, technologists, curators,
theorists, engineers, teachers, students and interested publics....

...Thematics...

Each element of isea98 will be formed and tempered in relation to an
interrogative template of ten questions, namely:

...Are we witnessing or making a revolution?...
...Is there a digital aesthetic?...
...Is electronic art revolutionising the terms 'artist' and 'audience'?
...Do new technologies revolutionise bodies?...
...Is electronic media a democratising, revolutionary or colonial force?
...Are we engineering the future, or is the future engineering us?...
...Do subjectivities revolutionise new technology or vice versa?...
...Are there revolutionary electronic ethics?...
...How do we revolutionise materials and metaphors?...
...Have notions of public and private been revolutionised by the shift
from mass-audience media to domestic leisure?...

...Therefore, we are calling for papers, proposals and projects...

...application form...

For further details please contact:

...isea98: Revolution
John Brady...
...e-mail: isea98@livjm.ac.uk...

...isea98: The Terror
Graham Parker...
...e-mail: isea98@mcr1.poptel.org.uk...

Deadline for receipt of abstracts: January 15 1998

further information on: http://www.isea98.org/