postino on Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:50:47 +0100

Syndicate: ZoneZero news bulletin/november

	ZoneZero/NEWS Bulletin - November 1997

	http://zonezero.com  "from analog to digital photography"
-traduccion al espaâ??ol en: http://zonezero.com/traduccion/nov97.html -
Dear Friends of ZoneZero,

	Many things to tell you. First of all, that we have created a new
production facility in Mexico City,in addition to the one in Los
Angeles, California. From there we shall continue to also produce
ZoneZero for you. We have discovered that in todays' information age,
the real possibility of operating from various parts of the world
-without detriment to quality- is something that can be achieved. This
used to be reserved for large transational enterprises. Today a tiny
operation such as ours can do the same. Issues such as "first" and
"third world" have to be revisited. See our new Editorial, and let us
have your opinions as well. http://zonezero.com/editorial/editorial.html

	Our cover (home page) for ZoneZero is an image created entirely
digitally, in other words we did not scan a picture as had been done in
the past, it came straight from the camera. We expect this to happen
more and more as photographers find, as we did, as finally we have
digital cameras that are capable of delivering good quality and at a
cost equivalent to a standard 35 mm professional camera. The notion that
one can shoot without regard to the inherent cost of film and the
related expense of making work prints, is quite a refreshing experience.
Well worth looking into, especially for schools.

	Our new presentation on the cover of what is NEW, we thought would
make it easier to be informed of what to look for when logging on to
ZoneZero. We hope you like it (the sound of the typewriter can be turned
off and on, by just moving the mouse over this information).

	Mexico's National Fund for Culture and the Arts ( FONCA) and the
Bancomer Cultural Foundation together with the Rockefeller Foundation,
have granted ZoneZero a grant to support a very interesting project of
which we shall be informing you over the next month.  Let us just tell
you at this time the name of the project  " Purepecha: People who travel
- A digital Journey". Stay tuned, and connected.
NEW EXHIBITIONS

	Although we have in production more than ten new exhibitions, we
decided to wait no longer until all these new ones had been concluded,
we have decided to inform you more often as we finish such new
exhibitions.

	* MEXICAN TAROT* by JosŽ Raul Perez.  The Tarot of Marseilles, a
medieval version, was the source that served me as a reference due to
it's purity and style, and because it is after all the oldest set of
cards that is conserved intact. The transformation of this reference
into a contemporary MexicanTarot, suggests to the spectator the
possibility to see themselves as a destiny that does not escape from the
universal order which was set thousands of years ago

	http://zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/tarot/ellocoen.html

	* CHIAPAS : The End of Silence By Antonio Turok.  A soon to be
published book by Aperture, N.Y., "reflects the complex world and my
transformation with it, from my first views of a timeless society to a
confrontation with the deeper realities of the human predicament."

	http://zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/turok/p1en.html
NEW ARTICLE
Notebook.  By E.R. Beardsley

	He writes:  I still don't know for certain how Mr. B.H. Jiang ( the
photographer) found me, or why he decided to put his faith in a total
stranger. It is one of those things that happens nowadays on the
Internet. And, because it happens so casually, so innocently, it takes a
while for us to realize that it is altogether marvelous.

	http://zonezero.com/magazine/articles/jiang/p1.html
FORUMS

	In the FORUMS section at ZoneZero, where we cordially invite you to
participate in the creation of our photographic community on the
internet, there are two new topics which we could imagine might be of
some interest to many of you. [ please remember that when you registered
to receive this news letter you did not need a password, this will only
request for the FORUMS ].

	One topic deals with the multiple interpretations on a single image,
something that can be quite polemic and lead to a lot of interesting
disussions.  Let us hear from you. The second topic is about creating a
list of the 20 most influential books of photography that you can tell
us about. Again this should become a very interesting survey of points
of view, as with out doubt such titles will vary greatly depending on
where you are coming from.

	Best regards,

	Pedro Meyer

	Publisher