dan arenzon on Mon, 1 Dec 1997 15:26:26 +0100

Syndicate: Dan Arenzon "History of the Explosion"

Dear Andreas

Foreign affairs of Argentina is promoting my show "History of the
Explosion" abroad. I will most probably be having an exhibition in
London's ICA.

I am sending you info about "History..." in order to contact the
Syndicate people (Please suscribe me to your list) enabling people
interested in media art to cooperate in the construction of this show. I
will be showing something like I did in BA at the Cinematheque de
Toulouse, but I do not intend to repeat the same exhibition in London.
We might be able to create something entirely different.

"I was flying from Paris to New York when a bomb destroyed the AMIA
builiding in Buenos Aires. German Parsons a particularly talented
scenographer lived right across the street.
I had not done any exhibition in Argentina for years, but I felt the
need to honor and remember German in the best possible way,through art."

	                   History of the Explosion is the first interactive
mega-exhibition to be held in Latin America, an array of the latest
advances in software and hardware applied to art. Large format digital
images, video-walls, monitors running on loop where displayed for more
than a month at the Borges Cultural Center and Galleries Pacifico  a
remodeled 1891 landmark building, an ornamented structure reminiscent of
Milan's Gallery Vittorio Emmanuelle in the very heart of this city.

		"The Falling", a four-minute computer animation was shown in
video-walls and hallways around the mall, is calculated to have been
seen by a 500.000 people; it has won a video contest organized by the
Spanish Embassy in Buenos Aires, and  has been invited to video and film
exhibits worldwide; 10  soundless seconds of it may be seen at:
www.mediapolis.com.ar ,please click in" Galeria Virtual, Dan Arenzon"

The subject of this show is unfortunately universal,
North/South/East/West, who cares? death and destruction may be found
anywhere. Do you believe the Syndicate people might be interested?

Dan Arenzon