interact on Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:44:19 -0500 (EST)

Syndicate: The Culture of Interactivity

The Culture of Interactivity
A Critical Look at the Computer and How We Interrelate Through It

January 17-18, 1998
In New York City at Caspary Auditorium   Rockefeller University

Four Sessions in Two Days
Presenters include: Heinz von Foerster, Marvin Denicoff, Gary Strong,
Monika Fleischmann, Michael Joyce, among others

Conceived and Directed by Regina Cornwell

Produced under the auspices of the Visual Arts Foundation in cooperation
with the MFA Photo and Related Media Program, School of Visual Arts:
A Fiftieth Anniversary Event

With Support from The Rockefeller Foundation, The Greenwall Foundation,
Goethe Institute New York and AT&T
Web site hosted through the generosity of the AALN (American Arts and
Letters Network)

For costs, registration information, AND MORE, visit our Web site at
http://www.interactive-culture.org, e-mail us at interact@aaln.org or phone
212-592-2414.

AND MORE because "The Culture of Interactivity" is a process which includes
our Web site. Visit the site, read the commentaries by presenters, respond
to them, pose questions, offer suggestions in shaping our networking
experiment--New Social Spaces, propose forums and interviews, and then join
us in New York City to continue in-person the dialogues begun on our site.
Join us as we look seriously at interactivity and practice it in the process.

Major changes are being made to the Web site and will be unveiled on
Thursday, December 18,  around 8:00 PM EST.