Andreas Broeckmann on Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:21:38 +0100

Syndicate: POST68_NACH68

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

we are currently working as organiser of the international exhibition POST
68 DESIRE AND DEMAND, which takes place at the Kunsthalle Exnergasse,
Vienna from april 1 to may 1, 1998.

There is just one month now before the deadline for the application of
works (January 30, 1998). Thus, we would like to draw your attention to
POST 68 DESIRE AND DEMAND and we are appealing to  you for your assistance
towards allowing this information to reach as many talented artists
(working with video, the Internet, installation/media art, photography,
performance, music, ....) as possible.

Attached to this message you'll find a document, wich contains general
information on POST 68 DESIRE AND DEMAND and how to participate in it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information.

With kind regards,

Best Before
Rike Frank, Stefan Gyoengoeysi

POST 68 - DESIRE AND DEMAND

We interrogate the relevance of 68, the presence of the past.

Can 68 be a point of crystallization for contemporary political aspirations
for private and public freedoms.

And if not, what are the appropriate models for understanding contemporary
desires for political change?

We would like to invite artists born after mai 68 to develop projects,
which reflect the events of 68 through thematizing their context, mediated
representations and relations to the present.

POST 68 - DESIRE AND DEMAND is an exhibition focussing on video, the
Internet, installation/media art, performance, music....

It will be located at the Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna from april 1 to may 1
1998.

Within this period there will be various art events, installations and
interventions at other Viennese locations.

For the post 68 generation the only source of information about mai 68 has
been the media, parents, teachers, and eyewitnesses.

In this context questions will be raised concerning the circulation of
myth, media images, historical fantasies, political utopias, possible
alternative lifestyles, the struggle with previous generations, the
conditions of one«s own existence, the position of artists at that time and
their renaissance, retro cultures in fashion and style, education policy
and institutional structures........

Artists born after mai 68 are encouraged to contact us unitil january 30,1998

Best Before
Rike Frank & Stefan Gyoengyoesi
Piaristengasse 35/11
A-1080 Wien