Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:01:57 +0100

Syndicate: (2/2) Hope@isea98 - a sound art project

[this is weird; last attempt; again, apologies for the inconvenience; -a]

HOPE (2/2)

Amidst Revolution and the Terror there lies HOPE and our goal is to compile
a CD
of a broad variety of one-minute soundworks all referring to this theme of
HOPE.
The purpose is not to demonstrate musicianship, but more to create an
opportunity for sound artists to think thematically, as well as providing
listeners with further insight into the artists work.

This project is not a profit-making concern. We are producing the CD to further
interest in, and discussion around, the nature of sound and the theme of HOPE.
Consequently we are not offering a fee. Our seeking of a one-minute example of
your work to be included in the project is restricted to this limited edition
(1,000). We are not seeking the right to reproduce outside of the project or
pass such right to any third party. Nor do we seek any exclusive rights to your
contribution.

All chosen contributors will receive two copies of the CD and a copy of any
allied documentation. The CD will also be included on a listening station
in the
Hope Street Gallery at Liverpool Art School during ISEA98 with biographical and
contact information of the participating artists.

All work should be recorded on DAT and should arrive no later than May 1st,
1998.

Please contact us as soon as possible if you plan to participate or if you have
any enquiries.

If you know of any other sound artists who may be interested in this CD, please
forward a copy of this letter to them, or send us their contact information.

This project has been made possible thanks to a research award from Liverpool
Art School.

Liverpool John Moores University           Liverpool Art School           68
Hope Street           Liverpool L1 9EB
Tel: +44 (0)151 231 3110                      Fax: +44 (0)151 231 5096
E-mail: c.fallows@livjm.ac.uk
HOPE
A Collection of Minute Soundworks
Audio CD - Various Artists

SUBMISSION DETAILS

The Theme

All soundworks must refer to the theme of HOPE whether personal or
universal and
whether directly, obliquely, humorously, ironically, romantically, musically,
noisily, lyrically or in their title.

Tapes

All submissions must be received on DAT at 44.1kHz sampling rate. Your
submission must be at the beginning of the tape, and there must be no other
sound on it.
Please label tapes with your name and the title of the piece.

Duration

Taped works must be of one-minute duration.

Submissions should also provide these details, on an A4 sheet of paper

Please include:
·       Your name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail number.
·       Title of work

Also include the following to be used as credit notes. They should reflect who
you are and what you would like people to know about you. Maximum 200 words.
·       Short biographical information.
·       Short, relevant details regarding your recording.

Deadlines

All tapes must be received no later than May 1st, 1998.

Please submit DAT and the information outlined above to:

HOPE CD
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool Art School, 68 Hope Street,
Liverpool L1 9EB
UK

If there are any copyright permissions we need in order to include your work in
HOPE, we will accept your guidance in securing them, otherwise by your
acceptance of this invitation and delivery of your work, we are entitled to
assume that the work is free of any and all claims and or demands relating to
its copyright, publishing and performing rights and that, by delivery of the
work to us you are deemed to have provided us with an indemnity against any
claims made in relation to the work.