Center for Metamedia on Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:22:47 +0100

Syndicate: Festival LIMBO - call for performers

Dear one & all . . .

The Center for Metamedia-Plasy ... http://www.hermit.cz ...
- a residency and cultural center set in a former monastery -
and a group of co-organizers

wish to hear from performers and other purveyors of the fun & unusual
for the very first

f e s t i v a l   l i m b o  o f  unconventional art
19, 20, 21 June 1998
Plasy Monastery, Czech Republic

With LIMBO we hope to evoke those "folk" summer celebrations of the recent
and distant past, if only because of late they have appeared so rarely. The
festival program will be diverse and out-of-the-ordinary, both "light" and
"challenging": concerts of experimental, festive, and unexpected music;
circus acts; inventive amateur theater & contemporary performance; video
projections and outdoor movies . . . . All in all, we hope that LIMBO will
hark back to (and towards) those old and new traditions and forms of art
that sweep boredom and mediocrity aside.

proposals are welcome for . . .
> CONCERTS of experimental, popular, acoustic, electric, Renaissance,
Baroque, gospel, folk, and non-European ethnic music
> FESTIVE and UNUSUAL performance & ceremony
> street & puppet & acrobatic THEATER
> humorous & fun VIDEO & FILM
> contests & games
> edible art

. . . and all else beyond our imagings

All events, performances, acts will be held on the grounds of the Plasy
Monastery ... a whole range of spaces is available - outdoor & indoor,
gorgeous & rotting, huge & intimate. Have a look at photos on the web site
("The Space" page under Center for Metamedia ... beware - the site
sometimes downloads slowly).

All participants will be housed at the monastery. Food & per diem will also
be thrown into the deal. If a modest honorarium is really needed on top of
all the fun you'll have participating, we can talk . . . international
travel costs will have to covered from other sources - we can help with
applications.

D e a d l i n e
just about now ... the program is filling up, so the earlier the better

W h e r e
letters/questions can come by email to -  hermit@pvtnet.cz - or fax - 00
420-182 2909
other materials by post - Center for Metamedia, P.O. Box 25, 331 01 Plasy,
Czech Repubic
questions can also be directed to - 00 420-182 2909 or 00 420-2 827 8815

We will be looking for your responses each and every day!
Milos Vojtechovsky, Jo Williams, Karel Sidorjak, Martina Tomaskova - Center
for Metamedia

Hermit Foundation / Center for Metamedia-Plasy
P.O. Box 25, 331 01 Plasy, Czech Republic
tel./fax 00 420 182 - 2909
email - hermit@pvtnet.cz
http://www.hermit.cz