{ brad brace } on Tue, 31 Mar 1998 19:58:51 +0100

Syndicate: UPDATE: The 12hr ISBN-JPEG Project -> prolonged hypermodern imagery online

                    _______ _            __ ___  _
                   |__   __| |          /_ |__ \| |
                      | |  | |__   ___   | |  ) | |__  _ __
                      | |  | '_ \ / _ \  | | / /| '_ \| '__|
                      | |  | | | |  __/  | |/ /_| | | | |
                      |_|  |_| |_|\___|  |_|____|_| |_|_|
           _____  _____ ____  _   _            _ _____  ______ _____
          |_   _|/ ____|  _ \| \ | |          | |  __ \|  ____/ ____|
            | | | (___ | |_) |  \| |______    | | |__) | |__ | |  __
            | |  \___ \|  _ <| . ` |______|   | |  ___/|  __|| | |_ |
           _| |_ ____) | |_) | |\  |     | |__| | |    | |___| |__| |
          |_____|_____/|____/|_| \_|      \____/|_|    |______\_____|

                       |  __ \         (_)         | |
                       | |__) | __ ___  _  ___  ___| |_
                       |  ___/ '__/ _ \| |/ _ \/ __| __|
                       | |   | | | (_) | |  __/ (__| |_
                       |_|   |_|  \___/| |\___|\___|\__|
                                      _/ |
                                     |__/

`round-the-clock posting of sequenced hypermodern imagery from Brad Brace.
The hypermodern minimizes the familiar, the known, the recognizable; it
suspends identity, relations and history.

                       The 12-hour ISBN JPEG Project
                       -----------------------------
                          began December 30, 1994

  Classic Hypermodern Imagery... posted/mailed every 12 hours... a
stellar, trajective alignment for the 90`s! A continuum of minimalist
masks in the face of catastrophe; conjuring up transformative metaphors
for the everyday... A poetic reversibility of events...

	A post-rhetorical, continuous, apparently random sequence of
imagery...  genuine gritty, greyscale...  corruptable, compact,
collectable and compelling convergence. The voluptuousness of the grey
imminence: the art of making the other disappear. Continual visual impact;
an optical drumming, sculpted in duration, on the endless present of the
Net.

  An extension of the printed ISBN-Book (0-9690745) series... critically
acclaimed... imagery is gradually acquired, selected and re-sequenced over
time...  ineluctable, vertiginous connections. The 12hr dialtone...

                              [ see ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace/books ]

KEYWORDS: >> Disconnected, disjunctive, distended, de-centered,
   de-composed, ambiguous, augmented, ambilavent, homogeneous, reckless...
>> Multi-faceted, oblique, obsessive, obscure, obdurate...
>> Promulgated, personal, permeable, prolonged, polymorphous, provocative,
   poetic, plural, perverse, potent, prophetic, pathological...
>> Evolving, eccentric, eclectic, egregious, exciting, entertaining,
   entropic, erotic, entrancing, enduring...

	Every 12 hours, another!...  view them, re-post `em, save `em,
trade `em, print `em, even publish them...

Here`s how:

~ Set www-links to ->  http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/12hr.html
  Look for the 12-hr-icon. Heavy traffic may require you to specify files
  more than once! Anarchie, Fetch, CuteFTP, TurboGopher...
  Or -> ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace/bbrace.html

~ Download from ->  ftp.pacifier.com  /pub/users/bbrace
  Download from ->  ftp.netcom.com  /pub/bb/bbrace
  Download from ->  ftp.teleport.com  /users/bbrace
  Download from ->  ftp.rdrop.com   /pub/users/bbrace
  Download from ->  ftp.wco.com  /users/bbrace
  * Remember to set tenex or binary. Get 12hr.jpeg

~ E-mail -> If you only have access to email, then you can use FTPmail to
  do essentially the same thing. Send a message with a body of 'help' to the
  server address nearest you:
  *
  ftpmail@ccc.uba.ar			ftpmail@cs.uow.edu.au
  ftpmail@ftp.uni-stuggart.de		ftpmail@ftp.Dartmouth.edu
  ftpmail@ieunet.ie			ftpmail@src.doc.ic.ac.uk
  ftpmail@archie.inesc.pt		ftpmail@ftp.sun.ac.za
  ftpmail@ftp.sunet.se			ftpmail@ftp.luth.se
  ftpmail@NCTUCCCA.edu.tw		ftpmail@oak.oakland.edu
  ftpmail@sunsite.unc.edu		ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com
  ftpmail@census.gov			ftp-request@netcom.com
  bitftp@plearn.bitnet			bitftp@dearn.bitnet
  bitftp@vm.gmd.de			bitftp@plearn.edu.pl
  bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu		bitftp@pucc.bitnet
  *					*

~ Mirror-sites requested! Archives too!
  The latest new jpeg will always be named, 12hr.jpeg
  Average size of images is only 45K.
  *
  Perl program to mirror ftp-sites/sub-directories:
  src.doc.ic.ac.uk:/packages/mirror
  *

~ Postings to usenet newsgroups:
  alt.12hr
  alt.binaries.pictures.12hr
  alt.binaries.pictures.misc
  alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.misc

* * Ask your system's news-administrator to carry these groups!
  (There are also usenet image browsers: TIFNY, PluckIt, Picture Agent,
    Extractor97, NewsRover, Binary News Assistant)

~ This interminable, relentless sequence of imagery began in earnest on
December 30, 1994. The basic structure of the project has been over
twenty-four years in the making. While the specific sequence of
photographs has been presently orchestrated for more than 12 years` worth
of 12-hour postings, I will undoubtedly be tempted to tweak the ongoing
publication with additional new interjected imagery. Each 12-hour posting
is like the turning of a page; providing ample time for reflection,
interruption, and assimilation.

~ The sites listed above also contain information on other cultural
projects and sources.

~ A very low-volume, moderated mailing list for announcements and
occasional commentary related to this project has been established. Send
e-mail to:  listserv@netcom.com /subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg

--
This project has not received government art-subsidies. Some opportunities
still exist for financially assisting the publication of editions of large

--
ISBN is International Standard Book Number. JPEG and GIF are types of
image files. Get the text-file, 'pictures-faq' to learn how to view or

--
(c) No copyright 1995,1996,1997,1998  <bbrace@netcom.com>