CM von Hausswolff on Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:45:07 +0100

Syndicate: Stretch

Stretch

September 5 - October 18  1998

an exhibition by Galleri Index at Tensta Konsthall
Stockholm Sweden

Siegrun Appelt (Austria), Stan Douglas (Canada)
Peter Hagdahl & Carl Michael von Hausswolff (Sweden)
Eva Koch (Denmark), Bruno Serralongue (France)
Wolfgang Tillmans (Germany), Marijke van Warmerdam (Holland)

curators: Karina Ericsson W�¤rn and Helena Holmberg

Stretch began as an attempt to define what we perceived as an increasingly
distinct phenomenon within contemporary art. Namely the idea of a flow as
opposed to the single image or object as bearer of the "truth" of the
artwork. A flow of images and signals which is often expressed in moving
images has also influenced artists' in their work with still pictures.

In all the works that we have selected for Stretch  you can find a
pronounced interest in time. The emphasis is on the extension of the
experience. Video, film, photography and sound flow by and form narratives.
The past, the present and the future are combined in a non-chronological
flow.

In connection with the exhibition, a seminar is organized by IASPIS/Daniel
Birnbaum and Galleri Index, September 6th, 4 pm at IASPIS, Fredsgatan 12,
Stockholm. Among the participants: Francesco Bonami (curator and critic)
and Stan Douglas (artist).

We have produced an exhibition catalogue which has been designed by Lotta
K�¼hlhorn.

The Press viewing of Stretch will take place on Thursday, September 3rd,
1 pm at Tensta Konsthall, Taxingegr�¤nd 10, Stockholm, Sweden.
 Underground Station: Tensta.
Most of the artists will be present and light refreshments will be served.
R.S.V.P. to Tensta Konsthall, latest September 1st. tel/fax: +46 8 36 07 63

You are warmly welcome!
Karina Ericsson W�¤rn and Helena Holmberg

For more information please contact Galleri Index, St. Paulsgatan 3, Box 15152,
104 65 Stockholm. Tel: +46 8 640 9492, 640 6069. Fax: +46 8 641 9608
Email/home page: karina@algonet.se      sajo@algonet.se
www.aim.se/Galleri_Index

Stretch is produced with support from Stockholm - European Culture Capital
98. It is part of XPOSEPTEMBER - Stockholm's Festival of Photography. For
their generous support, we wish to thank: The Danish Contemporary Art
Foundation, The Mondriaan Foundation, AFAA Paris, The Austrian Embassy, The
Canadian Embassy, Canada Council for the Arts, Goethe Institute, Stockholm
County Council, Foundation of Adult Education Assoc. in Stockholm and CRAC.
Galleri Index is owned and managed by Fotograficentrum, with support from
Swedish National Council for Cultural Affairs, The Culture and Sports
Administration of Stockholm and Stockholm County Council.

Carl Michael von Hausswolff
c/o Rahm, Roslagsgatan 58, S-113 54 Stockholm, Sweden
phone: +46 (0)8 612 27 03 (alt.+ fax 08 668 4234)