Andreas Broeckmann on Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:55:14 +0100

Syndicate: Performance Research: 'On Line'

This is from the Administrator for 'Performance Research'
(post@perfres.demon.co.uk), the contemporary performing arts journal
published three times a year by Routledge, UK:

We are currently inviting proposals for our forthcoming 'On Line' issue,
co-edited by Ric Allsopp and Scott deLahunta, which will be published
September 1999 (PR Vol.4, No.2). The theme for 'On Line will be as follows:

Emerging digital media, information and communications technologies are
changing the ways in which we understand and experience time and space,
place and body. These developments challenge us to redefine existing
strategies and forms of performance, and to create fresh approaches and
alternative environments for performance making and composition.'On
Line'wishes to explore these changing conditions as they relate to
performance practice and discourse. The co-editors invite materials from
individuals and groups involved in exploring territories where emerging
technologies and performance overlap and intersect as well as excavations of
the histories of performance and technology.

There follows some further general information about 'Performance Research
and more details about the 'On Line' issue, including deadline dates for
proposals and submissions.

Yours sincerely

Clancy Pegg
Administrator, Performance Research

Performance Research, Market Road, Cardiff, CF5 1QE, UK
e-mail: post@perfres.demon.co.uk

*************************************
Performance Research/ 'On Line' Information
*************************************

Performance Research is a peer reviewed performing arts journal  published
three times a year by Routledge, UK. It is international in scope with an
emphasis on
contemporary European performance. The journal aims to promote a
cross-disciplinary exchange of ideas and stimulate discourses surrounding
established, experimental, speculative and prospective performance work.
Each issue combines thematic and general content from the current field of
performance research and practice.

'On Line' will be Volume 4, Issue 2 of 'Performance Research' and will be
co-edited by Ric Allsopp & Scott deLahunta.

Deadlines are as follows:

Proposals                                         1st October,  1998
Finalised Material                            15th January, 1998
Publication Date                                Summer 1999

Format (flexible): 128pp; illustrated; typically 3-4 articles (c 6000
words) and several shorter articles (c 2000 words); interviews and profiles
of contemporary artists plus photographic/graphic material, artists'
documentation and 'prepared' artists pages; performance, book and archive
reviews. The emphasis of the journal is on reflective in-depth articles and
reviews; and on original work for the page. We very rarely publish essays
of over 6000 words; the usual length is between 2000 - 4000.

*********
In addition to proposals for the 'On Line' hard-copy issue (see above), we
would like to encourage the submission of digital multimedia material for
possible inclusion in a CD-rom to accompany the issue.
*********

Please note that proposed submissions do not necessarily have to relate to
issue themes.  We actively welcome submissions on any area of performance
research, practice and scholarship.

Proposals and articles will be accepted on hard copy, disk or by e-mail
file attachment.  Performance Research uses MAC hardware with Word v5.1 and
Claris Works v4.0 software. Please save and send files (disc or attachment)
in compatible formats. If in doubt please contact us. Please ask for
further guidelines on graphic/ illustration formats. All materials should
be sent directly to our administrator Clancy Pegg at the above address.

Submission of an article to the journal will be taken to imply that it
presents original, unpublished work not under consideration for publication
elsewhere.  By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that
the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article have been
given to the publishers.