{ brad brace } on Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:22:50 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Prix Ars .Net Judging Article

Why oh why must we have to resort to tired art-as-research-about-art-tech
justifications...

                                    "... Immediately dismissed were the
"self-servers," sites that de Kerckhove described as having a
                                     photograph of the artist on the home
page or sites that contained every project the creator had
          produced. He noted that the number of submissions had doubled
from last year, but that the judging period had not, making these
          stringent measures necessary...."

These "self-server" sites are the essence of art-on-the-net!

The_12hr-ISBN-JPEG_Project                    since 1994 <<<

> serial                ftp://ftp.wco.com/pub/users/bbrace <
> eccentric             ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/bb/bbrace <
> continuous           ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace <
> hypermodern         ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace <
> imagery online   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace <

Usenet-news: alt.binaries.pictures.12hr/ a.b.p.fine-art.misc
Mailing-list: listserv@netcom.com / subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg
Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html

{ brad brace }  <<<< bbrace@netcom.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp