Oleg Kireev on Thu, 1 Oct 1998 07:02:09 +0100

Syndicate: mailradek no. 5

Moscow-based magazine "Radek", dedicated to theory, art and politics
continues the project "mailradek in english". The information about the
magazine is available on the Website:
        http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1457.
Everybody who doesn't receive it can send a "subscribe english mailradek"
e-mail to radek@glasnet.ru, and we'll include him into the mailing list.
	Our address is: Russia 117333 Moscow, Vavilova 48-237, for O.Kireev.
tel./fax:(095)137 71 31.

								text no. 37
				5.03.1998
        The absence of true knowledge of the world, the collapse of the
homogenic social structures and subcultures, the impossibility of
developing a logical behaviour inevitably make us deny one of the main
political principles of social governance - the principle of
representativity. People whose careers are based on speaking-for-the-others
(these are nearly all the traditional politicians) must cause our active
mistrust. They can be called dangerous manupulators - the social vermins who
pass their personal way of solving problems for the public one.
        The whole democratic parliamentary and party system is based on the
principle of representativity. Their profession is to express our opinion!
But isn't it the main goal of a modern leftist to create the social
conditions when everyone would have his own opinion and thus would be free
from the totalitarizing state machine? Maybe the famous Lenin's catchphrase
"Every lady-cook will be able to rule a country" was the establishment of
every ordinary member of society having his own personal opinion within the
Communism? Moreover, this very presence of personal opinion can be the
warranty and the carte blanche for any pretension to any kind of governance.
        Don't be afraid of insane ideas - they are never clinically insane!
Singularity and intensive "drive" of thinking  is the sign of modern
competence! Did anyone think why Zhirinovsky won the 1994 election (and in
1996 approved that his success was not an accident)? Only due to  t h a t
competency!
							Anatoly Osmolovsky
project: Anatoly Osmolovsky, Oleg Kireev
translation: Alexey Kovalev
realization: mailradek