Tina LaPorta on Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:57:23 +0100

Re: Syndicate: SEAFair webTV + pictures

hi igor,
thanks for the url.... since i could not possibly afford it, i was unable
to attend seafair and meet the other artists showing work. It was
interesting to view the photographs scanned in and see how the works were
installed in the show. I can see that the approach was quite different from
the one i recently wrote about in my post on nettime( search---> screens
and memes: a report from nyc.) Placing the monitors on a pedistal,
transforming the works into a time-based interactive "object" is quite
ironic don't you think?
tina

Tina LaPorta
laporta@interport.net