Inke Arns on Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:30:52 +0100

Syndicate: ban attachments & large messages

Dear all,

I don't know who is repeatedly trying to send heavy 51 K messages to the
Syndicate list - anyway; the honourable sender might have noticed by now
that his / her 51 K messages get BOUNCED by the list's software.

Instead these bounced messages (also those which are sent from accounts
which are not subscribed to the Syndicate mailing list) are sent to Andreas
and myself. As this is not a moderated list, we are trying to forward every
single bounced e-mail to the list as quickly as possible.

But please do not send large 51 K multi-part message in MIME format (see
below). You could instead send links to URLs if you want to direct the
Syndicalists' attention to images or web sites.

Please also DO NOT send attachments via a mailing list. They are a real
pest and a potential virus-danger. To send unsolicited attachments is bad
enough, but that people still send them
to large mailing lists is incomprehensible.

Greetings from Berlin,

Inke

49.(0)30.3136678 | inke@berlin.snafu.de | http://www.v2.nl/~arns/
"Wizards of OS" conference: http://www.mikro.org/Events/OS