andreas broeckmann on Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:35:20 +0100 (MET)

Syndicate: Next 5 Minutes +++ Call For Tapes !!

Next 5 Minutes 3
Screenings & Call For Tapes

http://www.n5m.org

The third Next 5 Minutes, an Amsterdam based conference on
tactical communications culture, featuring do-it-yourself media,
dissident art and electronic media activists from around the
world, will take place on the 12th, 13th and 14th of march 1999.

During the conference there will be a program of formal
screenings related to the themes of this conference. We are also
continuing to develop our already extensive archive of tactical
media.

During the previous editions of the Next 5 Minutes we have asked
tactical media practitioners to contribute to our archive of
tapes (and other media, CD roms etc). This archive is available
to visitors during the conference for both formal screenings and
informal viewings. Fragments of the tapes will be put online on
our website: http://www.n5m.org.
During the conference these fragments will also be accessible
through our local network based in Amsterdam.

In previous years many groups have agreed to donate their work
to the archive which is permanently housed at the Dutch not for
profit, Foundation for Social Movements where it is both
conserved and also made available for researchers. The Next 5
Minutes 3 is an ideal opportunity to continue to develop this
archive with its accompanying database, which will be an
invaluable source of information both for today's activists and
researchers and for generations to come.

We would be grateful if you or your group would send us anything
you consider relevant for either a conference screening or for
the archive. A series of films and videos related to the
tactical media theme will be screened at N5M3. There is also
space available for screening recent material that deals with
the conference themes.

Videotapes, together with the tape content, title, format,
running time, author/producer and contact person can be sent to
the editors at

The Next 5 Minutes 3
attn. Giselle Micolo
Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10
1017 RR Amsterdam
The Netherlands
email: cinema@n5m.org
phone: +31 20 5535188
fax: + 31 20 5535194
(address until April 1, 1999)

If you have any objections against your material being published
online or otherwise, please let us know. We would appreciate it
if you send us your tapes before the conference, so that we can
include the tapes in the catalogue.

Please contact us at <cinema@n5m.org> if you have any questions
or suggestions.