Galeria Kombetare e Arteve on Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:03:20 +0100

Syndicate: message from edi

From: Edi Muka/Galeria Kombetare e Arteve, Tirana <natgal@icc.al.eu.org>

hi andreas, hi everybody.

i was just reading through recent posting in the syndicate about the
situation in Belgrade. the situation looks really shity and war tensions
started to be felt in albania too. today several airlines canceled their
flights to tirana and two Jury members for the international photography
exhibit that is going to open on sunday couldn't make it.the atmosphere is
very tense even though the life goes on very normally. due to the
deteriorating of the situation i don't think i would be granted a visa to
Serbia, in case the Syndicate meeting takes place in April. furthermore as
far as i could learn even if i get the visa, this doesn't mean that border
police would let me in. but anyway, lets wait and see how things go. i just
wanted to share the same support for our friends in Belgrade, since i know
very well what it means when there's shooting out of your window, let alone
represion without foreign support. but i just wanted to share the same,
even more with the hundrends of thousands that are out in the snow, whose
only purpose is to escape slaughtering. it's too bad for all that it came
to the guns, but so far i didn't see any possibility of stoping the burning
of every single house in Kosova.

let's hope that it doesn't last at least and that for some miracle the
Butcher signs the peace agreament to stop the war. in the meantime the only
thing i can say to our friends in Belgrade, Dejan, Katerina, and the
others, is just to try to keep going on, because what they does really count.

best,

Edi.