Slobodan Markovic on Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:37:43 +0100

Syndicate: Amazing night in Belgrad

    It's 01:32 here in Belgrade. Air warning sirens announced
    the end of NATO air-raid on the city two hours ago...

    I live some 5 km east from Belgrade downtown and, from my
    apartment on the 7th floor, I can see so few lights I
    can count them w/o any problems (less then 30).

    Belgrade is *totally* in darkness. And I mean it!

    There is no street light, no blinking neon banners, no
    light in houses and apartments. Darkness everywhere...
    No clouds, no lights, only half-moon is shining over city.

    Totally amazing, scary and claustrophobic decoration...

    Too bad you need to have bloody war situation to experience
    such a view...

    Camouflaging into darkness,

        Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
        Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu