martket on Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:59:37 +0100

Syndicate: Greek Artists Against the War

[again, don't DON'T don't send attachments; this is an email - text medium; -a]

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:YUKOSL~1.DOC (WDBN/MSWD) (00003B7D)

«THE GREEK CHAMBER OF FINE ARTS»

ARTISTS THROUGH OUT THE WORLD RESIST.
SAY NO TO NATO INTERVENTION ONTO THE DOMINANT HUMAN RIGHTS
SAY NO TO NATO'S OPERATIONS
SAY TO TO WAR

SILENCE IS COMPLICITY

VOTING

The outsheltered attack of  the Nato-American forces against the sister
Yokoslavian people, the attack against an independent country and the
polemical intervantion to its inland, reveals the real NATO figure, a
figure of an offensive polemical mechanism which operates  with a unique
monopolistic selfishness that ruins the world.
The new NATO communion which was recently adopted  and which was also
signed and confirmed by  the Greek Government,turns up to be applied in
the most tragic way  inside the European mainland., to smash the myth of an
independent European Community .The last mentioned  gave  the green light
to NATO for this attack proving to be a mechanism
guided by the monopolistic profits that NATO reflects.
The Yukoslavian events, the cruel soldiery NATO attack stigmatized a
barbarian period where  the economical benefits  of the few , come upon the
national, moral and universal values, but most of all upon  human rights.
We, artists, feel once more, a disgust  for these dirty tricks which focus
on populaces and which unfortunately were supported by the Greek Government
, under the disguise of possible returns.
The Greek position of the so-called neutrality on the first place  and the
following intermediary actions , are self-delusions which are bound to fail
when we think of :
1.  The Nato's soldiery clearance through our country was  permitted
2.  Our country as a member of NATO,on behalf of  our Prime Minister Mr
Simitis, embellished this offensive action, saying that NATO was forced to
do it for maintaining  its credibility ( like what?)
3.   The Greek goverment acts as a  NATO or an  American clerk.

WE DEMAND:
1. Stop the bombings and all the polemical operations or other
interventions to the inner of our neighbouring country.
2. Stop the Hellenic Goverment to act as a «stooge» Not apllaud NATO actions.
3.  Retreat  Greek soldiery forces from Adriatic sea and stop supply every
kind  of accomodation to NATO soldiery.

We believe to the real growth of  friendship and solidarity for the Balkans
against all the plans that are being worked  out for our region, plans that
as it was declared showed the real intention of NATO «groups» to expand the
polemical operations to the wider Balkanian region, including our country.