katarina on Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:29:57 +0100

Syndicate: Belgrade

Dear  friends,
new bombing sirens are on...... we are in OpenNet....
day is sunny and worm, temperature higher than yesterday
(people more nervous)...
foreign journalists from countries from which air strikes
came are ordered to leave Yugoslavia. we are expecting
massive ones (attacks) tonight.
streets of Belgrade are almost empty. 1DEM was 10 dinars this
morning. it's not possible to buy fuel officially....  except for
public transportation.
Jewish community organized evacuation (of Jews) to Budapest......
I managed to get my working years listed this morning and that
is up to where I know about official institutions working. as I heard
there a lot of parents didn't send children to school.... faculties are
closed....
telephone lines are very problematic but still working.

we, here, are still with a god spirit.

katarina