www.vuk.org on Sat, 3 Apr 1999 23:30:24 +0200

Re: Syndicate: RADIO B92 CLOSED DOWN AND SEALED OFF

ho,

for the record.

> ... The new court decision appointed the new
> Director of Radio B92, mr. Aleksandar Nikacevic.
In march 1991 there were student demonstrations in Belgrade, and
at one point, I think the third day, the students coordination group
was invited to negotiate with Milosevic. When our group came to
the gates of presidential palace, police told us that the student
delegation is allready having a meeting with the boss. We've
waited in the street to see who on earth is in there, and the chief of
this bogus students association was this same Nikacevic guy.
Later that same day, much like in the case of the meetings with
Rugova or the cardinals these days, there was a nice tv report on
Milosevic's steps towards peacefull solution for the current
difficulties.

Milosevic has backup reusable puppet politicians for this type of
tasks, and Nikacevic is of that profile.