tony on Sat, 3 Apr 1999 04:38:15 +0100

he meaning of this medium?

ho ho ho zvone, vuk and andreas,

with all the respect for your work .. being very much new to the list (6
moths reading..)

your reaction on mail posted from Anthropological Society is something that
brings sydicate on the level of OLD media ... and we all know what that
means....

list should be open ...
ones  you start going as hard as you all did ... on people who think
different ...
you're killing the spirit of what net gives us ... freedom of expression...

people start to be frightened to post .. and opinions are lost because of
your possible reactions...

there's enough junk printed daily on news stands...  not to mention TV...

i believe you will kill syindicate if you do not realise what's going on ...
i didn't feel good about posting to list .. started to talk to people and
realised that i'm not alone....

by the way i thought that Anthropology S. post was disgusting

.. but there has to be understanding of how fragile free expression is ...
how easy it can be destroyed
and how easy the medium can lose it's meaning if it repress, in any way,
ones who use it

toni