Adele Eisenstein on Sun, 4 Apr 1999 15:35:04 +0200 (METDST)

Syndicate: Re: URGENT call for AID to Blace!

Dear Andreas, Florian, Geert and all,

I think we need a new letter -
as well as independent calls to the UNHCR, International Red Cross, etc.

I also feel that maybe the biggest problem in this refugee crisis now is
that Macedonia and Albania, and Montenegro feel that they will be stuck
with these hundreds of thousands of refugees - when they are already some
of the poorest countries, not only in Europe, but in the world...
And perhaps rightly so - they need some kind of assurance from all EU / UN
countries, that they will each take some number of refugees, that they
will each allot some millions of dollars for their support...

overwhelmed,
Adele

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 08:57:43 -0800 (PST)

Dear Friends--I spoke with R last night--3 am her time--at that
point there seemed to be aid at the border (I don't know from whom) but
Macedonia was not allowing it in--she hoped to cross the border today

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 09:12:22 EDT

I spoke with R yeasterday and have woken to a message from her.
Did you know that she made it into the neutral zone and found "I"?
She said we need to get aid into the neutral zone..people are dying, women
are giving birth in the nude, people are freezing..

information: http://www.v2.nl/east/
mail archive: http://www.v2.nl/mail/v2east/current/