florian schneider on Mon, 05 Apr 1999 23:39:48 +0200

Syndicate: ZAGINFLATCH #25, 5th April 1999

ZAGINFLATCH #25, 5th April 1999.
newsletter published by Zagreb Anarchist Movement

ZAP / ARK GAJEVA 55 10 000 ZAGREB CROATIA

zap_zg@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/3707/

and from private emails..

***************************************

For the last two days there have been problems with internet connections
in Yugoslavia. Email traffic has significantly decreased. We weren't
able to investigate this, but it is for sure that for example EUnet's
server was down. If this situation persists we won't be able to continue
publishing daily. Today we bring an email which wasn't translated on
time for yesterday's issue, an email from Slovenia and an opinion
written in Zagreb.

***************************************

from: marko@zamir.net , zagreb

It's the 13th day since NATO's attack on Yugoslavia firt started. For
the last 12 days we have been working on Zaginflatch daily. It became an
obsession. An obsession to send a message out to friends and comrades in
the rest of the world, and also, to send a message to friends and
comrades in Yugoslavia. To say to the people who are now experiencing
some of the worse moments in their lives that they are not alone.

It's bizzare and excellent at the same time what technology provides us
with. It's bizzare to read emails written by a person who's watching how
his local heating system is burning, just across the block. Information
from the spot. Information comming through elements of the same system
which caused the disaster. As I said: bizzare. It's excellent to be able
to comunicate personally. It's excellent to have a channel through which
they can heal their frustration and find a safe place, away from the
outdoor lunacy.

Zaginflatch decided to deal with real people aside from the high
politics lead in Washington, Belgrade, Skopje or Pristina or..... That
prooved to be a difficult task, as people are under a lot of influence
of high politics. It affects their lives on such a high scale that
nobody's able to move away from it. Propaganda machinery's been horribly
strong. The psychosis is enormous. It has also influenced the content of
this newsletter.

I wish I could see a close end to this horrible situation in Yugoslavia.
I wish our comrades will be able to return to their regular lives and
activities. However, that seems so far away, that it's hard to be an
optimist.

***************************************

from: Pop, Kraljevo

Bad news. Sicko (a close friend of mine that got drafted a week ago.
When the military came at his door to draft him, his mother has said:
"He doesn't live here anymore". - "We don't care madam, this is not a
drill. This is war. We will leave the note in your post box, and let him
dare not to show up." He simply couldn't risk prison, or who knows what
else. - I have recently heard that one they have sticked the note to
some guy's door. "So let him dare not to show up".) vocalist of band
HOCU? NECU!, involved in anti autoritharian struggle, one of editors of
non-music political/punk fanzine "Kontrapunkt" etc. ) is two days in
Kosovo now. Somewhere around Srbica village. That was his birthday
present from the state (He was born on 2. IV 1971.) He is in medical
unit and he will probably have lot of work to do. One of my neighbours
that is medical doctor (curently in Kosovo) phoned his wife yesterday -
she said that he sounded like never before in his life. He cried. He
said that there are many wounded and killed, and that he never saw
wounds like the ones that are results of NATO bombings. Forbiden cluster
bombs are one of murder weapons used by NATO in Kosovo (go check out
this page for photographic evidence www.kraljevo.co.yu ). I trully hope
that this will end soon. I hope for the best. I hope that Sicko and all
potential victims will survive. This must stop!

-------------------

Today they have brought 4 soldier's bodies from Kosovo to Kraljevo
hospital. Two more bodies came to Cacak. I wonder how many wounded are
there. In last night's bombing of Cacak one 70 year old lady got killed.
They have also striked "Sloboda" factory, although i don't know if
there's anything lest to hit there - they have completely destroyed it.
A heating system was hit in Belgrade - they said that the damage is
estimated to be around 700-800 milion dolars. dolara. Another bridge was
destroyed in Novi Sad. Fuck.... I am really afraid what will be when all
this ends. How are we gonna live? Who will pay for renewal of the
country? Are we looking at future volunteers' camps? We are lucky that
the winter is over - whoknows what kind of problems would we have then.
Although, who knows for how long will this last and how will the country
look like next winter. Fuck, this must stop. Now!

Aco Popadic, Rada Vilotijevica 1/6, 36000 Kraljevo, Yugoslavia

 ***************************************

From: Tea Hvala, Idrija, Slovenia. fruittea18@yahoo.com

 As I look at them

For the last three days you can't hear NATO's airplanes flying from
Italian bases over provincial inner Slovenia. It seems like everything's
fine again.... Until they don't show on news those old grannies and
slurpy kids as they sit on some hill and wait... wait. God's blessing
will come from the sky, said one of the gods, I don't know which one
anymore, and really - the bombs came. I feel that I have to add my
personal thoughts to those emails from Serbia, although this is nothing
more than an apology for my pasivity. It's about small details. For
example, Albanians in Idria - city where I live - have the monopoly on
grocery stores and caffeterias. As I pass with my mother by one of those
stores she thinks out loud if the owners are afraid of possible
explosion of nationalism in the city. Old ladies still buy apples and
bananas, and now since the sun's out, ice cream as well. In the
meanwhile I am watching at this guy. I know that he's of Albanian origin
and I think how does he feel my eyes on him, after all what's happened.
Does my look accuses him? Is it full of compassion? is it mockery? Is it
sensible? Fourteen days ago that would be the look of a woman who's
looking at an attractive man. Today it was the look with so many
meanings, so many implications, that probably not me or this boy would
be able to manage them. And then I went to the library, and a woman with
a daughter stood by my side. Their hands were full of children's books.
The lady spoke broken slovenian and I automatically looked at her. And
again, so many meanings jumped her way while she was hiding behind her
loong black hair. I felt her sense of guilt, guilt of beeing what she
is. What's the worse part in all this matter is that both of us were
just parts of the moment, while we weren 't important. Impotrant was the
position, assorted to us by time. In some other moment she would slowly
kill me in the same innocent way...

***************************************

 Dear friends,

Info about Zaginflatch is available on request.

Basically, with this newsletter we want to inform the international
community (this is you) on how antiauthoritarians in Yugoslavia and
ex-Yugoslavia feel in these moments. Also, as people who have
experienced air raids and general alerts, we want to support our friends
in Yugoslavia who are experiencing this today. We don't want to
prejudice any political solutions to Kosovo and other ex-yu problems, we
just want to help our friends, and support them in this way. All
opinions published in Zaginflatch will be just personal ones. There is
no joint platform. Zaginflatch will bring you hardly any news in the way
mainstream media does it. For this kind of info we suggest you try cnn,
bbc or some other services. They are available to you anyway.. This is
meant to come from inside... Also, if you're into alternative news
sources, we suggest you try at www.b92.net ...

Zagreb Anarchist Movement (ZAP)

the end

*** pseudoastronaut klase D ***

--
Break the logic of war! Desert! Open the borders!
http://www.teleportacia.org