Slobodan Markovic on Thu, 1 Apr 1999 19:58:45 +0200

Syndicate: No more Strauss

    The bridge over Danube in Novi Sad, the capital of Serbian
    northern province of Vojvodina, was destroyed early this
    morning in NATO air-raid.

    Nobody was killed, but my girlfriend's friend who lives only
    couple hundred meters from that bridge says it was horrible
    experience. It's really hard to describe her tone over the
    phone this morning... All she could say is that she was sleeping
    and in the moment of explosion all glasses on her house windows
    broke into million little pieces. Everything was shaking so
    badly I thought house is going to crush on me, she said.

    I think that destruction of bridges in capital cities is totally
    senseless... I suspect the main intent of NATO was to harm only
    citizens of Novi Sad, because NATO generals know very well that
    army engineers can build floating bridge for army vehicles in
    less than an hour...

    I'm just afraid that this could be an ouvertire for similar
    destructions in Belgrade... I hope I'm wrong...

    Greetings,

            Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
            Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/east/