Lipa on Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:58:47 +0200

Syndicate: Petition to STOP Clinton's war

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
CONGRESS WILL DEBATE AND VOTE ON THE WAR
IN KOSOVO IN THE NEAR FUTURE.  Visit
http://www.eagleforum.org/kosovo/petition/index.html
and join the thousands who have signed the petition to
STOP Clinton's war!  Please forward this message!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

ARE WE GOING TO ALLOW CLINTON TO GET BY
WITH TAKING AMERICA INTO WAR?
LET'S BACK UP THE 41 SENATORS AND 191 REPRESENTATIVES
WHO VOTED AGAINST CLINTON GOING TO WAR IN YUGOSLAVIA.
THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT! (see below)

TO PATRIOTIC MEMBERS OF CONGRESS WHO ARE STANDING UP FOR AMERICA AGAINST
CLINTON'S DANGEROUS WAR
We, the undersigned, petition Congress to STOP Bill Clinton's reckless and
dangerous involvement in a foreign war before it's too late. Congress must
reclaim its constitutional authority (a) to decide when and if America goes to
war, (b) to make rules for the regulation of the land and naval forces, and (c)
to cut off funds for any purpose including war.
FIELDS MARKED WITH * ARE REQUIRED.
First Name:*
Last Name:*
Company:
Address:*
City:*
State:*         Zip:*
Phone:  --

As of April 23, 1999, we have over 8,400 signatures!
Please encourage your family and friends to sign.

Talking points:

Bill Clinton unilaterally started a war by bombing a sovereign country that has
never attacked or even threatened the U.S. or our allies. Clinton admitted it is
a war when he designated the U.S. soldiers captured by the Serbs as Prisoners of
War.

Clinton's act of aggression was not authorized by the U.S. Constitution, by NATO
or UN charters, or by any act of Congress. This is the mark of a dictator, and
we must not let him get by with it.

Clinton tries to justify his evil bombing raids by calling them a "moral
imperative." Like New York Times columnist A.M. Rosenthal, we are "moved to
nausea" when Clinton claims the war against Yugoslavia is "moral" and "the right
thing to do."

The humanitarian argument is phony because Clinton's bombing precipitated and
exacerbated the tragic refugee problem. Clinton's bombing has killed innocent
people, destroyed civilian property to no purpose, and united the Serbs behind
Milosevic to defend their homeland.

The Serbs' response and the consequent refugee problem were completely
predictable; our military warned about this in advance. Clinton's bombing was
designed to cause misery and arouse the American public to support stationing
ground troops in Yugoslavia permanently.

Every day that Clinton's bombing continues creates costly obligations for the
U.S. taxpayers to bring refugees to America and to rebuild the infrastructure he
is destroying, such as the Danube bridges and the plants that provide clean
water, heat and electricity to civilians.

Clinton's bombing of Yugoslavia is a "wag the dog" scheme that has successfully
diverted media coverage away from China's espionage and the Clinton
Administration's coverup, and away from the connection between China's campaign
cash and its acquisition of U.S. missile technology. Since there is no way to
win this war, Clinton can keep it alive on our TV screens until the end of his
term.

We should cut our losses and get out before it's too late, as Clinton did after
18 U.S. soldiers were killed in Somalia, and as Ronald Reagan after 241 Marines
were killed in Lebanon in 1983. If we don't stop Clinton now, he will bog us
down in a ground war against the Serbs, who are even tougher fighters than the
North Vietnamese.

It's Europe's job to deal with the Yugoslav conflict, which has been going on
for 600 years. Europe is a rich continent, and it's time to end Europe's
dependency on U.S. troops and taxpayer handouts. We have no more national
security interest in Yugoslavia than Europe has in Haiti.

Clinton loathes the military, and his bombing serves his goal of degrading our
own overextended armed forces. Clinton's bombing is rapidly reducing our supply
of bombs and missiles, and drastically reducing the morale of the U.S. Armed
Services.

Answers to False Arguments:

"We have to support our troops." The best way to support our troops is to cut
off the money and bring them home before more troops are killed or captured.
Clinton never should have sent those troops to Macedonia in the first place.
(Remember, those were the U.S. soldiers ordered to wear UN uniforms.)

"Congress authorized Clinton's action in Yugoslavia." That's false; Congress has
NOT passed any approval of Clinton's reckless actions. The Senate resolution
authorized air operations only, but that was not passed by the House, so it has
no legal effect. The House resolution authorized troops ONLY as part of a
peacekeeping operation AFTER peace is agreed to by both sides (which never
happened), but that was not passed by the Senate, so it has no legal effect.

"Yugoslavia isn't worth one American life, but now that Clinton has put us in
the war, we have to win it, and that will take 200,000 ground troops." What a
terrible proposition! We cannot permit a no-credibility President to illegally
plunge us into war, make horrendous mistakes of judgment about the objectives
and the strategy, and then impose this obligation on American servicemen and
taxpayers.

"We have to intervene in Yugoslavia to maintain our position as world leader."
On the contrary, Clinton's bombing shows the world that the U.S. is a
trigger-happy bully whose President wants to dictate to other countries but
doesn't have the know-how or the credibility. Serbia is the 4th country Clinton
has bombed in the last year.

"We must intervene in order to prevent a wider war." In fact, Clinton's bombing
has escalated the war and spread it to other countries.
When Congress voted on limited support for some of Clinton's Kosovo policies, 41
Senators and 191 Representatives voted No. It's time to give our vocal support
to these courageous Members of Congress who refused to be cowed by Clinton.

Send e-mail to your Congressmember

For further information about Kosovo:
Don't Make the Vietnam Mistake in Kosovo
Troops to Kosovo: Terror for Americans?
American Troops Don't Belong in Kosovo
Does Sovereignty Matter?

Eagle Forum * PO Box 618 * Alton, Illinois 62002
Phone: 618/462-5415; Fax: 618-462-8909

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/east/