Ivan Zassoursky on Tue, 4 May 1999 15:52:19 +0400

Syndicate: eXile goes dissident - more on American antiwar hysteria

A quote frome the EXILE editorial (http://www.exile.ru/ed/ed63.html)

"So here's what we propose. From now until the end of the Kosovo War, the
eXile is hereby transforming itself into a dissident American newspaper.
That's right, you heard us: we are now dedicated to being a dissident,
EmigrE newspaper, along the lines of Novaya Russkaya Slovo. If the entire
American press corps is committed to showing only one side of the war, and
if America's idiotic Balkan aggression is going to make us pariahs in the
Russia we love, then we're going to do our best to take as many Americans as
we can grab down with us.
Don't take us seriously? Well, you better.
We got the team. That's right. We've got the extra time on our hands. That's
double-right. And we've got you, the eXhole reader, stuck reading us whether
you like it or not. The days of mentally grazing in the fields of abundant
idiocy are over, folks. We're gonna put America's propaganda machine through
a turbocharged woodchipper--remember that woodchipper scene in Fargo?
Yeah--like that. And we aim to make it as messy as possible."

More on American antiwar hysteria in Moscow http://www.exile.ru/protest.html

The EXILE front page is www.exile.ru

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/east/