Parasite on Mon, 10 May 1999 13:24:36 +0100

Syndicate: online sunday with parasi

[admin-intercom: folks, sorry, this message bounced on friday because
<parasite@indy1.calarts.edu> was not subscribed to the syndicate list, but
another address on @indy1.calarts.edu; i'm at a bit of a loss how i can
explain this to people so that it becomes clear: if you post from an
account that is subscribed, the message goes through, if you use an account
that is not, the message bounces, and i am not always in a position to
forward these bounced messages to the list immediately; this policy of a
closed, unmoderated list has the advantage that the 'noise' on the list is
kept lower, so i think it is really OK; -a]

www.calarts.edu/~parasite

internet happenings; art exchange
with hyperhosts naomi + mary jo + josh
Thanks to all participating in last week's online action. (for those who
couldn't; see archive at our site) We will continue our online discussion
in Belgrade on Sunday, May 9 @ noon PT; 8 GMT. Meet here for directions.

ALSO May 9 In the Wake of Columbine: Gun culture, Internet culture,
American culture. 6pm PT; 2:00 hours GMT. We will be talking with some
teens here in Southern California and the East coast, and examining,
through the net, elements in our culture that provide the setting for the
tragedy in Littleton-as well as the means to address them. Art action to
follow.

May16: Artists and Culture at the turn of the millenium,
Social concerns, Social responsibility, and Social possibility
be unprepared for surprises, time travelling, and inappropriate behavior

this project will continue through the summer, fall, and beyond 2000.
watch for e-mails on new events...

"simple and unthreatening, refreshing for the experienced floater and
gentle for the novice"

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/syndicate/