steve rhodes on Thu, 27 May 1999 02:08:49 -0700

Re: Syndicate: Natasa Kandic: Reports 1999 (on web)

 Here is an item I wrote for the 5-25 issue of my newsletter
with links to the writing by her I could find on the web
and an article on her in the Sunday NYT (requires free registration).
They may be a bit easier to read because of formatting.

All of the links are also at the bottom of 5-23 letter which I posted
as well as a link to a very rough page of kosovo resources

 Natasa Kandic Documents Abuses
 ------------------------------

 Natasa Kandic heads the Humanitarian Law Center which has been
 documenting human rights abuses in Yugoslavia (including Kosovo)
 since 1992. The New York Times ran a profile of her on Sunday. The
 HLC web site hasn't been updated since last year, but it has a number
 of interesting reports. Kandic has been sending Yugoslavia
 Human Rights Flashs by email. There doesn't seem to be a central
 archive but a number of them are on the web.

 In Climate of Fear, a Belgrade Serb Documents the Horror of Kosovo
 by Carlotta Gall, New York Times (5-23-99)
 http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/europe/052399kosovo-human-rights.html

 Humanitarian Law Center
 http://www.hlc.org.yu/indexe.htm

 YHRF #8 (3-29-99)
 http://nettime.khm.de/nettime.w3archive/199904/msg00051.html

 YHRF #10 (4-12-99)
 http://nettime.khm.de/nettime.w3archive/199904/msg00217.html

 YHRF #11 (4-29-99)
 http://www.greekhelsinki.gr/english/reports/hlc29-4-1999.html

 A letter from Natasa Kandic (in Montenegro) (5-12-99)
 http://www.greekhelsinki.gr/english/reports/hlc12-5-1999.html

 Letter from Natasa (5-23-99)
 http://www.freespeech.org/ari/kosovo/letter523.html