Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 14 Jun 1999 21:35:19 +0100

Syndicate: Ricardo Iglesias project call - References

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:57:44 +0200
From: Ricardo Iglesias <medialab@mecad.org>

Dear friends,

I am currently working on an art project for the Internet thanks to a
research scholarship which has been granted to me by MECAD\Media Centre
d?Art i Disseny, Sabadell ,Barcelona (Spain). My work is composed of
various stories that tell themselves by means of recursive,
labyrinthical processes. One of these stories questions the concept of
real-time communication and virtual spaces in the www. Visually, it
consists of a web page with 80 arrows which are animated and have sound.
When the user clicks one of these arrows, there appears the name of one
city and the user is linked to another web page with 80 arrows which is
physically located in a server in the city whose name has just appeared,
and so on. The number of arrows is my homage to Julius Verne?s Around
the World in Eighty Days, in my case, it will be Around the World in
Eighty Sites.

I am currently getting in touch with free servers, art servers, art
centres and university all around the world in order to be able to put
into practice my project. Therefore, I kindly request you to let me know
whether you would be interested in hosting one of these web pages with
80 arrows; if your answer is affirmative, then I would be thankful if
you could indicate me in which city or town your server is located, and
how long my page could be hosted there.

The project that I am working on is entitled "References", and will be
included in the International Show of Web Art NET_CONDITION, organised
by ZKM - Center for Art and Media (Karlsruhe, Germany), steirischer
herbst (Graz, Austria), InterCommunication Center (Tokio, Japan) and
MECAD\Media Centre of Art and Design (Sabadell ,Barcelona, Spain).

I would also appreciate receiving information or address of any other
institution, association, etc. which could also be interested in
collaborating with me in this project.

I thank you in advance for your time and your help. With my best
regards,

Ricardo Iglesias
medialab@mecad.org
www.mecad.org