Olga Shishko on Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:41:23 +0400

Syndicate: Festival "Trash-Art" - results

Dear friends,we are happy to present the WINNERS of the 'TRASH-ART'
net festivalorganized by the Moscow MediaArtLabhttp://www.sccamoscow.ru/eng/img_lab/index.htmBut
from very beginning we'd like to thank all producers, explorers and fans
oftrash!Thanks to the Members of Jury:  Kathy Rae Huffman , Rachel
Baker, OliaLialina, Janos Sugar, Joachim Blank & Karl Heinz Jeron,
Tetsuo Kogawa, Alla Mitrofanova, Vuk Cosic,Rasa & Raitis
Smits.THE WINNERS OF THE 'TRASH-ART' NET FESTIVALhttp://www.da-da-net.ru/TrashArt/Anarchistic
project:1. Frederic Madre m.s.t  http://pleine-peau.com/n7/fred/mst.html2.
SEOalgae rhythm 10http://www.overlobe.com/algae_10/3.Ian
CampbellIMPERIALISMhttp://www.islandnet.com/cgi-bin/ms2/ianc/imperialEcological
project:1.INTIMAzvrst3http://www2.arnes.si/~kdsbble3/zvrst3/2.Wendy
VissarLekso's Codeboxhttp://www.codebox.com/Radical
conformistic project:1.Namniyas AshuratovaEnemy processing systemhttp://195.42.131.152/2.Kostja
Mitenevnext futurehttp://www.dux.ru/digbody/next.htmSpecial
award:Ian Campbell, Alexey Shulgin and  Mindaugas Gapsevicius (mi_ga@o-o.lt).c o n g r a t u l a t i o n
s !!!!!PRIZESAll winners get TRASH THINGS, the festival's CD-Rom
and CATALOGUE.The firsts: Frederic Madre, Igor Stromayer (intima) , Namniyas
Ashuratova; and'specialy awarded' Ian Campbell, Alexey Shulgin and
Mindaugas Gapsevicius - wontrip to Moscow for participation in the
international symposium NewMediaLogia2 inJanuary 2000.All projects
previously selected by juries will be included in theCD-Rom and the
catalogue of the Trash-Art festival.Within the frame of the festival
there was Trash-Art prizecompetition. The pity, no one idea seemed us really
trashy, but someauthors displayed excellent trashy humor. Thank all
participants.WHAT FARTHER?
The 'Trash-Art' site http://www.da-da-net.ru/TrashArt/ will
continueto function as on-line gallery. There will be temporary exhibitions.
Everyone can submit his net.art project. Selected works will be presented at the
front page of the Trash-Art site. Exhibitions will be renewed every 2-3 months
and their conceptions will be announced in advance.
CALL FOR PAPERS!We are looking for trash
articles, interviews, any other trash textswith trash thoughts about
waste of cultural production,technology of their re-utilisation, how it can
be applied in art, whatart forms appear from information garbage etc. We'd
like to presentsome kind of trash-net-art-archaeology within the catalogue
andCD. Send us your trash researches. Deadline for abstracts or themes -
July 5. Deadline for materials - July
20.Greetings,trash-istsAlexei Isaev - director of MediaArtLab,
author of festival' project "Trash-Art", newart@aha.ruOlga Shishko - curator, shishko@transrs.ruTatiana Gorioutcheva
- co-curator, coordinator, tangor@redline.ruMoscow MediaArtLab
http://www.sccamoscow.ru/eng/img_lab/index.htm
ul.
Chernyakhovskogo 4A125319 MoscowRussiatel.: 7 095 151
8706tel./fax: 7 095 151 8816