Andreas Broeckmann on Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:00:06 +0100

Syndicate: After All ... the Stockholm meeting

dear friends and fellow syndicalists,

the holiday season is slowly coming to an end and we are getting ready for
the next crazy autumn period. the Balkania workshop in Helsinki (17-24 oct)
is being coordinated by Arthur Bueno <abueno@v2.nl>, and David Casacuberta
<da5id@jet.es> is putting together the team for the Net.Shop#2 in Karlsruhe
(dec).

besides these workshops, there will be a bigger Syndicate meeting
(codename: After All) at the opening weekend of the After the Wall
exhibition in Stockholm, a large art exhibition which opens at Moderna
Museet on thursday 14 oct (http://www.modernamuseet.se ) and which has a
symposium and performance programme on 15 and 16 oct (friday-saturday).

there will be an opportunity for a closed Syndicate meeting on the morning
of the 15th, and we have a space for a public meeting on the morning of the
16th where those syndicalists who are interested can show new work - either
their own or that of others - viewed especially from the network and
cooperation perspective of the syndicate, so that international, networked
cooperation projects would be a priority - at least that's my thinking at
the moment, trying to focus on an aspect that the syndicate could
specifically contribute to the rich programme of the opening days of After
the Wall. this public session would then also possibly be included as a
side event in the official programme.

it would be good to get an overview over the list of possible participants,
so if you are already planning to come to Stockholm, please, drop me a
line. if you need an invitation for your visa or for a travel grant
application, also let me know, there is somebody at the museum in stockholm
who can prepare such invitations. and: if you would like to make a
presentation on october 16th, please write what you would like to present.
(expect a 10-15 min time-slot and a PC, hopefully online, slides and a VHS
player.)

we (i.e. esp. Cecilia Dahlback <cecilia.dahlback@ylm.se>) are looking into
possibilities for supporting travel and accommodation for syndicate
members, so:

- if you will be in stockholm anyway, let me know;

- if you are coming from an East-European country and have not received an
APEX grant this year, you can apply to APEXchanges
<apexchanges@eurocult.org> http://www.eurocult.org for *travel only*; as
they need about 2 months to process the application, *now* is the time to
do this;

- if you would need help with travel and accommodation in stockholm, also
let me know; we cannot promise anything but will make an attempt to find
some money, though this will only make sense once we know that there are
people who would actually make use of such an offer;

- if you live in stockholm and you can *offer* accommodation, please, get
in touch and say how many people you could take, whether they need to bring
sleeping bags, etc.; also, suggestions for other cheap or free
accommodation in stockholm will be welcome.

so much for the moment.
greetings from rainy rotterdam,

-a