Arthur Bueno on Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:07:53 +0200

Syndicate: call for papers

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:30:16 +0200
From: Susanne Jaschko <sj@hdk-berlin.de>
Subject: call for papers]

CALL FOR PAPERS
Please circulate!

What?s your Value?

how Long are you?
how Happy are you?
how Heavy are you?
how Healthy are you?
how Expensive are you?
how Easy are you?
how Intelligent are you?
how Beautiful are you?
how Boring are you?
how Strong are you?
how Real are you?
how Sexy are you?
how Honest are you?
how Employable are you?
how Soft are you?
how Good are you?

Monomedia Berlin: VALUE
An international conference on value and values in new media

May 12-14, 2000

The monomedia value conference is part of the monomedia programme at the
Berlin University of the Arts (HdK). The conference is directed by Prof.
Willem Velthoven.

We often insist that many qualities are not quantifiable.

Especially  those qualities that are easily associated with our values.

We are moving towards a society and a culture that is totally mediated
by computing machines.

So without understanding how to value our values,

our media will not be able to take them into account.

We have to understand value and values to be able to calculate a
meaningful culture.

We have to work with value to create a truly interactive art.

And shopping won?t be much fun without it either.

You are invited to submit proposals for presentation at the first
international monomedia conference on value to draw together the
creative, scientific and theoretical sides of new media.

We are looking for lecture like presentations as well as demonstrations
of creative and artistic productions.

If you are interested in presenting at monomedia berlin: value, please
send an abstract (up to 500 words) outlining the nature and subject of
the lecture/session/event. Proposals for demonstrations may take any
form that might be suitable.
The material is required by October 31, 1999. Please address all
proposals, or any queries about the conference, to:

Hochschule der Kuenste
Susanne Jaschko
the monomedia project
PB 120544
10595 Berlin
Germany

Emailed abstracts are preferable, and may be sent to:

sj@hdk-berlin.de

If you would like to be updated about the conference and other monomedia
activities, you can subscribe to our monomedia mailing list on:
www.monomedia .org

Prof. Willem Velthoven
the monomedia project

Everything of value is vulnerable.
LUCEBERT

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
OSCAR WILDE

New media is all about choice. Every choice is driven by value.
BERT MULDER