Zarana Papic on Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:30:29 +0200

Syndicate: [Fwd: message on sexism]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: message
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:18:45 +0100
From: "ASPEKT" <aspekt@isternet.sk>

Dear Friends and Colleagues.

I am sending you the attachment called Breiner.doc

This is my translation of the part of the text written in Slovak
language by Peter Breiner, Slovak musician living in Canada. The text
was published in the weekly Domino-Forum.
The author of this text is writing regularly for the weekly called
Domino-Forum, which is very "democratic" medium. He has regular column
there, very often very sexist. Recently he wrote on the topic of rape.
This text is so terrible, that I decided to translate it to English. Mr.
Breiner would never dare to publish such text in Canada, where he is
living now, or in USA, or elsewhere.
There are many attacks on feminism and women's human rights in mass
media here in Slovakia. The authors of these attacks seems to be very
"human democrats". I think it is important to know this.

If you are interested in more information on this topic, contact me.
Jana Juranova
feminist cultural magazine Aspekt
Mytna 38
811 07 Bratislava